HELP! Install of AfterMarket Amp for upgraded Sub.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:

======

To compensate for not being able to turn-up the stock deck all the way up (since it seems to attentuate bass frequency in those last couple of volume bars on the graph) I upgraded to a [HITRON HA-1000.1 Monoblock] amp (500W RMS) for the 10" Pioneer sub. I also added an economical [Soundstorm Labs SSL F4.400 4-Ch] to pump 50 Watts RMS to all the doors (which had already been upgraded to Pioneer 6 x 8's) in order to crank-up treble and mids so they're not drowning as much.

With the extra oomph going to the Sub... a ton of buzzes made themselves known. As a result I bit-the-bullet and applied 2 layers of Damplifier Pro all across rear of the cab and as best as I could in the rear doors around the speaker mounting area and also inside the door against the outer surface.

NOTES:

======

It was highly stupid of me to cut thru the floor mat covering when I initially installed the Blaupunkt. Thankfully I saved the cutout piece so I can put it back if I ever care to. For now I put the small 4-ch amp right into the same cutout area so it worked-out Ok. Live and learn.

Damplifier Pro DEFINITELY improves the PUNCH and VOLUME of your music, no doubt I HIGHLY recommend it.

If you use Hi-Level inputs for an amp... you get that mildly annoying "thump" turn-on sound upon turning the key. Using PAC SNI-35 Ho-to-Lo RCA converters takes care of removing engine whine and that thump too.

Though most consider the amount of boom I have now recockulous. Seems like it could be better to me. I'm thinking that I'm hampered by the behind-the-rear-seat placement of the sub.

Dunno... perhaps if I put the Damplifier Pro all thru-out the floor and the roof I'd be happy. One of the first things I noticed after the upgrade was that the remote-control holder on the roof buzzes badly during Bass-Test CD's. Quickie solution is to just pop that sucker open and leave it that way :)

I don't know if I'm done with this yet. (To Be Continued...)

252d2caa74face6c70c74a00e78ff396.jpg

Thats looking sharp. I got to about that stage. Got the sound to where I wanted it, put the seats up and said I'll stop for the day and come back tomorrow to make a trim panel to hide everything. BUT, I haven't touched it since. It still looks like that. haha just got lazy I guess. One of these days i'll get back there and clean it up

She sounds pretty good now with the doors amp'd. But truthfully... I wish the bass was still stronger. I'm pretty sure I'm not done with her yet. I know I'm at least gonna put more Damplifier Pro into her to do the front doors too. And from the looks of things... I don't think it'd be thank difficult to maybe put some of it extended down from the rear area onto the floor.

However... as soon as I can get the final OK from my work to get the time off... I gotta do a total remodal of the bath/shower area in our front bathroom. Some idiot before me just tiled on top of what appears to be regular drywall in the bath area... AND... the idiot cut a ginormous hole thru the tiles that come together near where the faucet control for the tub exits the wall.... and never bothered to go back and seal it up with expanding foam or ANYTHING!!! So... of course... with use... splash-water managed to seep into that hole... get into the Drywall and seep down to the bottom of the drywall where it meets the tub and from the water expansion all those bottom tiles are trying to pop themselves off the wall. OH JOY what fun this will be! (insert sarcasm here). :(

Latest posts