Help me find vehicle info please!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Hale

Reaction score
For work I have to update a database on certain vehicles. Some of the info is straight forward, such as the vehicles home country of build.

Here is some of the stuff i need though, and I will use one of the cars as an example:

1963 Shelby Cobra.

Info I need to find:

Size of the vehicle (Subcompact, Compact, FullSize, Midsize, etc)

Mfr Headquarters, in this case USA

Domestic or Import, easy once you know the Mfr. HQ of course, so no big deal here.

Vehicle Classification: Sport Utility, Roadster, Sports Car, etc

And Tonnage, but that is least important.

If someone knows of a database or something where I can find this kind of info, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Depending on the cars, a place like supercars.net (I think that's right...) might have some info, other then that you might be in for some leg work.

How big is the list, I'm sure many people here can help with with much info.

The Cobra, while assembled here in the States, was a British body...the 'AC' part of the 'AC Cobra' was the body manufacturer....so that beast is a bit of a hybrid.

Thanks for the response.

The list is fairly large, but at the same time not too bad. Its mainly just a list with about 75% of the info filled in, but some stuff is still blank, the cobra for example.

What I am at right now is Alfa Romeo. Almost all their cars are filled in, and finding the MFR home was easy because Alfa is just in Italy.

Thats one thing I want to make clear, its not so much where the VEHICLE was made, its what the home country of the Manufacturer is. Ford might make cars in Europe, but FoMoCo is out of the US. So you just put US, that part is somewhat easy.

The main thing that is going to hold me up are the car classifications. Such as Subcompact, Compact, etc.

Like the one I am on right now is the GT Veloce, 1971, Alfa Romeo. Since about 30 other vehicles in the list for Alfa are listed as Subcompact, this one most likely is too, but I am not sure and was hoping to find something to tell me for sure.

Thanks for the response Tiger!

Vehicle Classification according to whom? The EPA? The EPA does thier classification according to interior space compared to seating capacity. Believe it or not, they classify the old Bentley Continential T as a sub-compact....I would think it's a safe bet that the GT is a subcompact. Considering it is a Italian car, and Italians don't make terribly huge cars. I'd put subcompact and ru with it....