Help Selling on Ebay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Cannon

Reaction score
I have purchased a few items on Ebay but I'm thinking a trying to sell a few things, is there a good website to help me get started? I'm just looking for the ins & outs of selling a few things, I'm not starting a business. Any help from experienced sellers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm thinking a trying to sell a few things, is there a good website to help me get started?

Ebay is the best place to start. It isn't rocket science. It is simple to use. Make sure you put whatever you are trying to sell into the correct category.

Tom

try to cover as much cross-refrence in your main title. that will make it more availabe to potential buyers during the search process.

When selling an item, I always do a search on ebay for similar items and see how they're displayed and worded. This also helps you place the item in the right or popular category.

Read through the ebay site for sellers. Lots in there BUT...The best tip I can offer you is to ship to confirmed addresses only and ALWAYS pay the extra for delivery conformation and if the item is $250+, also add signature conformation. Both will protect you from chargebacks and other problems brought about by sacm buyers and even some legit problems.

This is not an exclusive ebay selling tip site but if you skim through the posts there is a lot of useful information. http://www.fatwallet.com/c/67/

Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
My suggestion is to go to your local book store, ie Barnes and Noble or Books a Million etc..., get a coffee and get an ebay for dummies or similar book and start reading. You can get a lot of information from experts for free with a little time. ;)

Mark and Dave have good points. I always go on and try to find similar items and see what they are selling for, shipping charge, and how many people have looked at the item or bid on the item. Conformation of shipping is the way to go. (also the signiture if you want) E-Bay is actually easier to sell on than you think. I was very warry at first, but I have sold a few things on there now and it only gets easier. Good luck.;)

I've been told the same Jerica but, if you happen to be in a small town (ICT included) it doesn't really give a seller an edge. If whom evers luck on CL was like mine. It's better then nothing. Some bites but no catches.

Good luck to all.....

A little more info to help out. Buy a scale capable of weighing large boxes if you plan to sell a lot. The USPS offers FREE boxes for priority shipping. You can set up an account online for free and they will send supplies to your door. A lot of them can be turned inside out to use for first class or parcel post. Packing materials can be shredded paper etc...

The descriptive title will get more attention so put as much detail as possible in the title. If you have time to stand in line at the post office, ship to worldwide locations but be careful about regulations. Personally I only ship to US and APO/FPO.

If your only looking to sell a few things check with someone who are already selling on e-bay. Sometimes you can work them a deal with them to sell the stuff for you for a fee.Also we have e-bay brokers who have shops in NJ that you can stop in and have them sell it for a fee.

1. Only a decent digital camera is required- I use a 2.1 MP

2. Be brief and accurate in descriptions

3. See what similar items have SOLD for and price accordingly

4. Low starting bid to encourage action.

5. Use No Reserve whenever possible- its cheaper and saves fees. I got nervous when my 2004 F-150 pickup was only at $10,000 with an hour to go w/no reserve, but it sold for $15,200 to a serious buyer....:cool:

Latest posts