Help w/GA Real Estate Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawnVic M

Reaction score
We are trying to help our mom in Georgia who is trying to sell her mobile home herself. The mobile home park manager keeps undermining her potential buyers with mobile homes he has for sale himself. Besides being unethical and mean-spirited, does anyone know if this is illegal? Is there any organization that could help mom with this situation? Any advice from those of you who know real estate would be most appreciated, thanks!

Vic, Dawn,

You probably aren't going to like what I have to say, but...

I think what you are describing is a "free market." If the mobile home manager has some vacant homes that he is willing to offer for sale to potential buyers, then he will only attract those buyers if he presents a better overall value proposition (better homes, lower costs, or a combination of both) than your mom's property. If he does that, then your mom simply has to compete.

It might not seem fair, especially since the park manager probably is more visibile and has other advantages, but I don't think it is unfair or "unethical", and I give the manager the benefit of the doubt that he isn't being "mean-spirited."

The only recourse your mom might have is if she and the manager signed some type of buyer contract and in it there was some type of "non-competition" agreement with regard to future sales, and the agreement barred the manager from soliciting potential buyers. I've not heard of such things, however.

TJR

Latest posts