Help with part name

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
I'm doing some maintenance on my wife's 2001 Chevy Venture minivan with a 3.4 transverse 6 cylinder and noticed a coolant leak. I'm not going to pretend to be a solid mechanic, I'm just a good parts replacer, so I don't know what to ask for for replace this part.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

If I'm not mistaken, thats the top of the water pump, but from what I could find online that isn't the where the thermostat is, so I'm lost.. should be easy to replace but I can't walk into autozone and ask for the part if I don't know what it is I need..

Thanks guys..

edit: as a side note I replaced the spark plugs today which was interesting.. the back three I only had access to from underneath by the exhaust pipe.. I was prepared for the worst and it was actually easier than the ST's 4.0 motor..

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those hoses attached to it? It looks like some sort of manifold to attach hoses to the WP, and to provide a air bleed point to the cooling system... I would bet it is a dealer only item, take a picture to the dealer, they could help...

There is a gasket under there from what i remember and that bleeder on top requires a special bleeding sequence once you fix.......

Thats actually a heater pipe instead of heater hose... May be like Pipe to pump gasket.

Todd Z

Well I still don't know what it's called, but I went to the dealership today and paid $10 for an o-ring the side of a quarter.. whatever.. I'll be replacing it in a little bit when the kids take their nap.

J.D. Boxes.

You should have asked the parts guy what this thing is called and what it does.. Now you got my curiosity peaked and now I still don't know what it is..:cry:

...Rich

Latest posts