Higher Output Alternator?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Yee

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since i've posted...! I need a new alternator for my 01 ST. Does anyone know what the model number is of the stock alternator? I am looking to get a 200 AMP one to support my audio system.. anyone get one of these? I saw one on ebay for 200US.. but I don't know if it will fit my trac.

I have the post Feb.01 make ST.

The ST uses a unique mounting system for the altornator... Make sure it is not a universal one and made to mount to the ford 4.0 V6.....

Todd Z

I found a place on line that has the alternators and says a 200 amp is available if you call them, It fits the 95 to 2000 explorer.Youmight give them a call._Ron

I have a 220AMP Powermaster Alternator I can sell you, less than 6 months old and working 100%

See my library I think I have pix.

Check out the PArts Bin online. They have a 300A unit for the Sport Trac for 399. I just got hosed by my dealer on a replacement alternator - $350 just for the part - a remanufactured motorcraft unit! Could have bought a new Bosch for $150! But I got towed in after getting stuck so I was kinda screwed!