Highly Scientific 07 Job 2 Poll

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
I am just curious how many people are going to wait for the Job 2 to become available. I am torn. I am at least waiting for the PDBL, but the color choices and redesign handle and NAV that are all coming w/ Job 2 don't particularly interest me. The only thing that does is the possibility for the Audio-In jack, but thats about it. What are everyone elses thoughts?

The door pull change is the addition of an indentation in the armrest to pull the door shut and an elimination of the lower handle. That could possible be a modification done after the fact to a Job 1 by swapping the arm rest. And the Audio Jack would be nice, but they mention it in conjunction with the Nav system and that does not interest me. There are aftermarket jacks that can be added to the stereo to do almost the same thing or again if will probably be a modification installed with the right part.

I am not waiting. Mine is on order and as soon as the PDBL is in production, Ford will pull my order, build and send it on to me.

Ordered the Dark Granite. No one here has mentioned that color, but in person it is sharp! Very metallic with a lot of flecking in it.

Pretty much the same as yours, Chris. Except I won't be buying until next March, by then if there are any major issues I will be aware of them later than sooner. I guess they are selling quite a few without the PDBL anyway, but for me it's a wait and see until next Marchanyway. I too, don't care about the nav system (TOO EXPENSIVE!), and I want to wait until they reveal a few more choices in colors, even though the DArk Cherry has my interestright now. AND< Bryan Olson, the Ford ST Brand Manager told me tha there will be an appearance package coming sometimes later this year! HOORAH!

If I was in the market, I'd wait for the job 2, mainly for the power rear window, but also to see what else gets redesigned. Possibly some of the mechanical issues such as the V8 knock that could be eliminated through a Job 2 redesign.

I was going to wait for the power back window. I really found it useful on the '01 ST I had. But once that option appeared for the dealers (he told me it only showed up last week) I went ahead and ordered. I went with the Dark Cherry Limited, although I strongly considered the Dark Granite. I saw one in person and it was very sharp. The door indent is something I will probably consider changing when it becomes available. The current door pull is a really bad design. My wife could not get the dor shut - not enough arm strength when the vehicle is as tight as the new St is.

mrmarvyn appearance package...? Any details you can add to that?

I am waiting for Job2 in order to give them a chance to make any design changes (seen or unseen) they feel are necessary. I would really prefer a redesigned door handle for closing.

I would be waiting if I were going to be buying one. I have a very close friend that worked for big blue as an electrical systems engineer. He advised me to always stay away from new production vehicles until the 3rd production year. His reasoning behind it is simple. 1st year, company is simply trying to get product to the public. 2nd year, they know of design problems, but company is trying to recoupe some development costs, so no modifications. 3rd year is when they address known problems. I had a 97 F150 and it had serious problems with the intake in the motor. Just as he said, 97 was first year of production. They redesigned the engines starting with the 99 model year.

Sport trac seems to be along same path. My 2002 is running great and I've had no problems, but there is the nagging trans. issue that always is in the back of my mind.

Just my 2 cents.......oh and by the way....I have looked the new trac over in person and it looks a lot better in person in my opinion.

Christopher

Jeez, you guys let that one out of the bag...yes, app. pkg is in the works. What is it? Hint: It's already on the grille. Starts with a c and ends with a sparkle. ;)

Jeffy - You gettin the Dark Stone in XLT or Limited? V6? V8?

PS. "Highly Scientific 07 Job2 Poll" - Job2 is neither a job nor scientific. Discuss. :lol:

(Paul M. - I was in DC for Easter w/ my sis' family...took the "Odyssey" Easter brunch cruise on the Potomac on Sunday, highly recommended!)

Glad you had a good time in the Nations capital. I'll have to try that some day. I'm sure my wife would be up for something (anything) other than monuments. They're great, but once you've been there multiple times with every member of your family you look forward to something new.

So, do you have pics instead of a puzzle? I'm no good at word puzzles. I especially can't picture them well. :cool:

Oh, and I did drive an '07 V8 today. Would have to fix the exhaust system. It's too quiet! Mineral grey. That color looks nice too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting the '07 Limited V6 in Dark Stone with all bells and whistles including the PDBL except not the heated windshield or adj pedals. Don't see the need for a Nav system because of the price and that is the same reason I decided against the extra $1100 for the V8.

Looking forward to getting it. And I too will probably do the modification of the door pull location after it comes out by swapping the arm rest but will see. Don't have an iPod yet but when I do will add the jack somehow.

Thanks for asking. Was looking at the Blue or Black, but after seeing the Dark Stone it looked good with the Grey Interior.

my poll is that I will drive my '04, at least 7 more years...its paid for...by then if I choose the trac, the bugs will be out of it....

Puzzle you this: ST with a krohm pkg. ;)

How about the new ESPNZone? Spy Museum? Mount Vernon? Dulles Air & Space Museum? Monticello (off the beaten path)? My sis went to Georgetown, so I've been there multiple times as well, tho I never tire of the area! :cool:

Oh, been to all those places except Mt Vernon. Drive by the Dulles Air & Space museum every day. Been awhile since I visited though. Probably ought to see what's new.

If the front of that thing is any shinier we'll get tickets on sunny days for being a road hazard! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I am going to get a V8, and have been tracking the issues on this forum, I just don't know when they would get Job 2's out to Oregon. We don't even have V8's yet, unless you order one. I am looking to buy this summer.

R, you knew all along didn't you? I did not know exactly what it was because he never said, but thanks for your reelation. Oh Crash, what is the price of the PDBL? Dark Cherry Limited!:)

I am waiting for a Job 2. Will get the power back window for sure. Still not sure about the Nav system. Unless someone has an A or X planpin for me? ;)

Hey Marvin:

The PDBL ended up being a little over $200. I had X-plan pricing, and I think it went up $205 when I added the PDBL. The more pictures I see of the Dark Cherry, the better I like it. Can't wait to get it!

Just a general comment - if you don't think you're ready to make the leap to the '07 ST, don't test drive one. Because if you do, your current ride will suddenly feel very outdated and unsatisfactory. I speak from experience.

Right on, Crash! I did test drive one, and the internet sales rep wanted me to take it home but I refused his offer, told him that I wanted the PDBL, so he harps on putting it in aftermarket! NOPE! NOT YET! I want it to be from the FORD FACTORY for that window! Anyway, it will make you think that your "older" ST is outdated, but I am keeping my 01 ISLAND BLUE even after it is paid for next March- then I will more than likely get the 07 ST Limited in Dark Cherry! Bells and whistles, buttons and knobs, mustard and mayonnaise, pickles and onions, ....well ,you get the message..... it will be loaded! No Navi system, cause I don't want to know where I'm going!!!!! Dark Cherry ..:wub: