hit curb

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have a 2009 limited st with the chrome package with 18" tires I was driving home from work today and was making a right turn at the light, but there was a car infront of me he moved up to let mye pass but in doing this I hit the curb with my rear tire. As i was driving the rest of the way home i noticed a little vibration so i figured that i may have lost a weight when i brushed the curb. When i got home i looked at the rim everything seemed fine but i did notice that i put 2 small bends in the chrome cover i also think that is were the weight may have been. I called ford to book an appointment for tommorrow and asked if that chrome peice can be replace which he replied no it is part of the rim, he also said that it is all one piece and would cast around 500.00. Is this true and is that the correct price, if the rim is fine do i really need to replace it i can just hammer the chrome back down its not that bad or will this cause a problem balancing the tire....

Thanks

Baker

I thought the 18 inch rims were just a joke plastic cover ???

Hopefully it is just a balance issue,....

Todd Z

That's why I never buy or order fancy wheels. Stock wheels all the way, baby. Easy to find cheap replacements.