Hitch - JCWhitney/Curt Mfg

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hart

Reaction score
I just bought my ST. White Adrenalin w/ color match bumpers, etc.

I thought I'd pay for a color match receiver and saw a good price for a Curn Manufacturing Oxford White round tubular hitch I found through JC Whitney (JCW).

Four weeks later, I find that the shipper (USPS!!!! I can't believe it) returned it to the mfg with damage. I never saw it.

Anyone have suggestions for an alternative to this receiver for a white ST w/ colormatched bumpers? Pictures? I've seen items on project, but they were all black.

Thanks in advance!

Here's my suggestion:

1. Buy an OEM hitch from our site sponsor, Rusty at www.fordpartsfast.com

2. Buy an Oxford White sprap paint touch-up kit from www.etouchup.com

3. Prime and paint the hitch yourself (documenting it for future publishing on this site as a project).

4. Mount the hitch.

Or, do what I did. I bought the hitch from Rusty and took it to my local Line-X shop and had it sprayed for $65. They can even spray in colors now, so if you want it to be white, I'm sure they can do that. However, if you buy the Ford hitch, the only thing you see from the rear of the truck is the square bumper tube. The rest of the hitch is pretty much concealed up under the bumper cover. I would think that a white hitch would be hard to keep clean under the rear of the truck.

Here are a few pictures of my Line-X'ed hitch.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Finally, as seen from the rear of my ST:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I bought it from Rusty a last year. He has it listed for $139 + $22 shipping.

My local Line-X shop charged me $65 to spray it.

Corrosion resistance is exactly why I did it. I've seen too many truck hitches that were all rusty or the black paint was peeling/flaking off of it, and I didn't want mine to look like that.

What is Line-X? Is that a specific coating, or a bodywork franchise?

I like the corrosion resistant coating you've added. What is it? I coal tar epoxy?

Line-X is a rubberized, non-skid coating sprayed as a liner into truck beds. I just had my hitch sprayed prior to install so it would never rust.

Latest posts