holes in the bed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So what's up with the holes in floor of the bed? Stuff keeps getting wet from there. Should there have been some sort of plugs in them? Are they stock? Anyone have an answer for me?

Yes, the are stock. They are for people without a cover, this allows the bed to drain. You have a few options. One, get a bed mat, they are inexpensive and will keep stuff from sliding around, or 2, you can plug them with some silicone. I had mine plugged to keep dust down.

A cheap solution might also be to clean the area and just use electrical tape. You won't see it once it is down

Get some of the flat snap in plugs, that electritions use for electrical boxes..they come in rubber, plastic and metal...

The best answer is the rubber mat for the bed. It stops things from sliding around. Worth every penny. And it is cheap as mods go. You will get no more water or dirt from the road as well.

Does double duty...

I have a bed mat but my 02 came with plugs from the factory

I have not heard of that, neither my 01 or 03 had plugs. Both came from the factory with the cover. Guess you are a lucky one.