Honda Ridgeline, MT TRUCK of the year

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Ioco

Reaction score
I haven't been online too much, so I apologize if this was posted already. It turns my stomach to read though, so I hope you don't have to read it twice.

... could be worse though, thank God there's not any photos!

DETROIT (AP) -- The Honda Ridgeline has been named the 2006 truck of the year by Motor Trend magazine, an award that could help boost the pickup's lackluster sales.

Very pricey, too. Don't think the soccer moms are ready to give up their Odysseys and Tahoes just yet.

I thought that once MT added an SUV of the year category in 99, we wouldn't see something like this happen. I guess not. BTW, SUV of the year went to the Nissan Xterra

And here's previous winnners of the Truck of the Year.

2006 Honda Ridgeline

2005 Toyota Tacoma

2004 Ford F-150

2003 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche

2001 Chevrolet Silverado Heavy Duty

2000 Toyota Tundra

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

1997 Ford F-150

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe

1995 Chevrolet Blazer

1994 Dodge Ram

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1992 Ford Chateau Club Wagon Van

1991 Mazda Navajo

1990 Ford Aerostar

1989 Toyota Xtracab SR5

MT Truck of the year has noting to do with the usability of a truck.

MT bases thier award on "newness". Whomever has the newest vehicle wins.

Renalt Alliance and Renalt Encore both won MT car of the year.

Where is Renalt at today in the USA?

Tom

I don't think I'd want my vehicle to be on that list. And being on that list doesn't make me want to buy one.

-Motor Trend truck of the year 2006

-North American Truck of the year 2006

-Detroit News truck of the year 2006

-Consumer Reports top rated truck

-JD Power & Associates 2005 APEAL award for the Honda Ridgeline

-Autobytel 2006 Editors' Choice Award: Truck of the year 2006

-Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) Best New Pickup 2006

-On Wheels Incorporated: Ridgeline 2006 Urban Wheel Award for the Urban Truck of the Year

-best rollover resistance rating of any pickup tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

-first-ever 4-door pickup to earn a 5-star safety rating for both front and side impact crash test performance from the U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA).

-Society of Plastic Engineers 2005 Grand Award (composite inbed trunk)

-Car And Driver Rates Honda Ridgeline #1 Pickup.

- AutoWeek Editors' Choice Award as the 'Most Significant' new vehicle in the show

-Maxim Truck Of The Year 2006

-Autoweb.com top ten tailgater

Yep....the Ridgeline is a piece of junk. All these people have to be wrong!

Yup. They are all wrong.

I do think Motor Trend was completely right about the Renalt. That was a real winner.

Tom

Oh, and the RL won one more, by the way, it just picked received top honors Tuesday in On Wheels Inc.'s annual Urban Wheel Awards.

Oh, so the RL is not a "real truck", huh? So, the ST has less payload than the RL, the RL has more HP and produces more torque than the ST.....so what does that make the ST.... a pseudo truck?

So, come on all you ST owners....Just quite whining and admit the RL is more truck than the ST can ever hope to be!!!

Latest posts