Hot Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erv Metoxen

Reaction score
Is it normal for the exhaust system to make that snap, crackle, pop noise after shutting motor off? I know it is somewhat normal, but to me it is kinda excessive.

Could my cats be going bad? I`am trying to find a excuse to justify to my wife, so I can get a performance exhaust.

Please help hehe:cool:

ErvBassin

If you want the performance exhaust, then by all means the noise is not right. :):D:rolleyes: However, mine has been doing it since it was new. Really does get loud...

Since the ST has 4 cats on it the exhaust will be very hot, giving you the "Snap, Crackle, and Pop" syndrome. Mine had it from day one. I put on a performance exhaust and still get it. Do like I did and get a hammer and put holes in the muffler. Then you can say the muffler went bad. (Just kidding, I didn't do that) I just told mine that since I had the performance intake, my ST wasn't able to "fart" out all the air it was taking in so my MPG was going down. I now have a performance exhaust.;)