How hard would it be to make this fit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Mason

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm wondering what the major differences would be between the 2005 4.0 liter and mine (2004). I found this on the internet and would like to know how much modification/programming it would take to make it fit?

Vortech Supercharger Kit for 2005 Ford Mustang with 4.0L V6 (V-2 SQ-Trim, satin)

* Above image may not depict the product you will receive.

Price Too Low To Advertise!

We are unable to display our price for this product because it is substantially below list price ($3,295.95) and below the minimum advertising price permitted by the product manufacturer. If you would like to obtain an INSTANTANEOUS price quotation, please enter your e-mail address below.

Part Number: V4FU218-610SQ

Manufacturer: Vortech Engineering

Fits: 2005 Ford Mustang 4.0L V6

Usually Ships in 5-7 business days

All components needed to bolt the system to a stock vehicle, such as billet aluminum mounting brackets, fuel system upgrades including high-flow replacement injectors, Diablosport Predator, charge cooler, supercharger oil feed and drain, compressor bypass valve and all required fasteners are included. The installation allows retention of all factory accessories including A/C and power steering. This system is available in satin or polished finish. The V-2 supercharger is covered by a three-year limited warranty.

Supercharger Kit Includes:

Standard Kit V-2 SQ Counter Clockwise S-Trim supercharger

6-rib 3.60" pulley (8psi at 6000 rpm) and runs off an extended serpentine accessory drive belt (supplied)

Bypass Valve prevents harmful compressor surge

Air Inlet Assembly includes:

Roto-molded ducts

Silicone sleeves

Stainless Steel Clamps

New 98mm MAF meter housing with re-usable high flow air filter

Supplied Diablosports Predator programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel. Other benefits includes:

Live data monitoring and diagnostics

logging capability

reading and resetting DTC's

Larger Fuel Injectors

Mass Air Flow Sensor

All necessary belts and pulleys

Billet mounting plate assembly

Oil drain and Oil return assembly allows for maintenance free operation

Aftercooler Kit Includes:

6-Rib, 3.25" pulley (10 psi at 6000 rpm)

Air/water charger air cooler (closed loop) increases performance and reliability of supercharger system and includes:

Welded charge air cooler core assembly with aluminum discharge tube, bosch compressor bypass valve, silicone sleeves and stainless steel hose clamps

Charger air cooled water storage tank with hoses, clamps, and plumbing

Compact water circulaation pump for closed loop cooling

Water Cooler

Heat Exchanger

Price Match! If you find this system for a lower price through another authorized dealer, give us a call at 818-340-9229 or email [email protected], proved the Pricing and Store, and we will try our best to beat the price for you! SuperchargersOnline.com is an Authorized distributor for Paxton & Vortech products, be cautious from other companies that are not Authorized Distributors.

Performance Stats Stock w/ V4FU218-610SQ

2005 Ford Mustang 4.0L V6

HP (Peak) 210 277

Torque (ft. lbs.) (Peak) 254 290

© 2003 SuperchargersOnline.com. (tm) All rights reserved.

I have read here at the site that the Mustang engine is nothing like our engine. I have not compared them myself. Just read it here on several occasions.

Someone with more specific knowledge will chime in...

The accessory drive system is also completely different.

The one major thing ford did was BONE us st people. They gave us the ranger 4.0 and not the explorer 4.0, and NOW the dam o7 and mustang have the explorer 4.0 in them...

BASTARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Latest posts