How many miles on your trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joey reed

Reaction score
My 01 trac is about to roll over 150000 miles and beside the small miss at idle, it runs like new. I have not replaced one part on it (knock on wood) just basic maint. my question is year how many miles and troubles yall have had with your trac

I have 80 some thousand miles on my Trac. The only engine troubles I ever had was a replacement Idler pulley and bolt.

Tom

And I thought we drove a lot. We have over 120K on our '01 job 2 purchased in mid-July. The only major issue has been the master cylindar going out a couple of times. We've also replaced the infamas DPFE (under warrenty) and the PCV rubber elbow (not under warrenty). Take a look at "My Profile" for upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little over 125,500 and going strong.Besides upgrading things, I havent had to do much else.But I have only owned the Trac for 8 months now. O and on my christmas shopping trip I got 23 miles to the gallon at 70 miles and hour, on the highway Home. Thats for 86 miles and going thru the canyons._Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
hhahaha 01 with 63k!!! still a baby!!!! towed 3 times though...sticky thermostat causing it to overheat on 91, unable to start and it wasnt the battery, and once for a problem with steering. (started driving, all the sudden the trac started swirving all over the road, thought i was going to die!!! thank god there were no other cars out) even after it all i still love her though and will stick with ford!!! i just love em!! looks like i got less than half life out of her compared to some other members!!

my 01 with just little over 95k. i have a PCV tube leak causing it to idle very poorly and O/D switch burn out and i got that replace. it works like new now. other than that my trac runs like a champ. even better after the lift :D

My 04 has almost 49,000. Only problems with it was that it was coming out of overdrive. Forgot what the problem was, and my cd player was acting up so I replaced it.

just over 50k on my 04. Just replaced Tensioner and belt, and several months ago the idler pulley...Still on Original tires...Bought the only other thing was front pads and a new caliper...

still 25k miles and 3yrs left on warranty..certified ST

I have 30,300 on my '05 XLT. No major problems, just annoying things like the seat going flat :( Something I have to address next week at the dealer.