How many miles with original tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Miller 2

Reaction score
I was curious to know how many miles the factory tires are rated for because i still have tread and i'm already at 61,900 miles on the Original tires !! I have had my Sport Trac Adrenealin for 2 yrs now and love it, I've driven it ti NY and back, New Orleans and to Atlanta a couple times a year. So i haven't been granny driving if anyone was asking ! I'd appreciate any info cuz the people at my Ford dealer keep trying to get me to buy new tires. lol...anyhting for a buck.

thanks y'all

Jim

WOW! I can't believe you aren't getting a full body massage going down the road w/oem Badyear tires with that many miles on them! I Had 4 Explorers that got maybe 20K average on orig tires before they went fubar and shook bad/had to replace. The oem BadyearTires on my 05 ST are loaded w/ too much lead already[12K] in an effort to make them stop shaking....They still shake some. The dealer has rebalanced them several times free for me already. they finally came real close w/ the help of 1/2 a lead mine!:blink:

I finally swapped mine out at 65,200 miles.

I rotated them every other oil change and I ran synthetic from the second oil change out.

They were in good enough shape to sell them for $150.00 still when I removed them...

I ran Firestone oem for 19K untill Ford put Michelins on for me. I am changing them at 6iK. Probably could get another 5K out of them but I do have some edge wear on a couple of them and I don't want to take any chances. And I am going to use the old wheels and tires on my tralier. The trailer should look pretty cool with 16" polished aluminum wheels. I might have to post a picture.;)

I have 37K on them right now.... Many burn outs, track runs, hard driving, etc.

I have about 10K miles of tread left....

Todd Z

I have an 03 Adrenalin, 82,000 miles...all on original Goodyear Wranglers. They still aren't showing much wear.

I will be buying a new set this summer, just for the sake of getting new tires. These Goodyear tires are the best I have ever had!

I am also still on the factory shocks...still rides like a Cadilliac!

I replaced mine at 35,000 miles with a set of Goodyear Fortera Silent Armors. The OEM tires ended up cupping really bad. I love these new Fortera S/A's. They ride great and are really quiet.

I have about 46,000 miles on my OEM Goodyears. Not that I'm looking forward to dropping $500+ on new tires, but I can't wait to put the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos on there.

The Dueler AT Revos are like a dream come true on the ST.. I think that combining those with the reflex shocks, my ST has SO much improved handling and traction. I went muddin' in it the other weekend and had not even a prayer of slipage. :)

I put 25 miles on mine before I switched over to the Revos. After having those Crapyears on my first ST for 35K, I wasted no time in switching.

The Crapyears will last 100,000 miles if cared for. However, those will be some very painful 100,000 miles.

Get rid of the goodyears as soon as you can. Like the shocks, Ford really screwed up on tire selection for SportTracs.

I had over 18 thous on my before I changed over, I didn't have a bit of trouble with the GY's on my trac, ...I just liked Jerry's wheels better :D

My OEM's are Michelins. Have about 44k on them. Looks like they will need replacing around 50k.

Got about 500 miles out of the OE Michelins. Did the TT/shackles and 265/75 REVO's the second week I owned it. :lol:

I have 62k on my originals! But they have recently started to cup. I plan to replace them before next winter if they last til then as well as the original shocks! Goodluck Marsha

37k and not quite half used up. I guess I will be stuck with them for some time yet. Worse tire I ever had in regards to traction. They will brake free if there is any moisture at all on the road. I live in snow country, Wis. If I didn't have 4X4 the Goodyears would be long gone.

Cupped Goodyears were replaced by dealer at 11,000 miles. They put on Uniroyals-which have been decent so far...at least no cupping.

Just turned 67000 miles on the OEM Goodyears. Looks like I still have anywhere from 10 to 20 thousand more miles. I will be changing them out soon for Goodyear Fortera Silent Armors. I will be getting a new 21 foot Fish and Ski in a few weeks and don't want to be towing with the old tires.

Jackie