How much to push for

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A1cntrler,

That rebate was specific to financing through Ford Credit.

When I bought my 2003 Sport Trac, I turned in the 2001 Sport Trac I leased for 3 years. Ford told me I would get a $1000 loyalty rebate and they would not charge me the $250 turn in fee for my leased 2001 ST.

I got the rebates, but 2 weeks later Ford Credit billed me for the $250 turn in fee. They said the waiving of the turn in fee only applied if I finance my new 2003 Sport Trac through Ford Credit. The manager at my dealer was absolutely livid that they did not inform me or his dealership of that little detail. He said he would take care of it, and he did. A few weeks later I got a notice from Ford Credit that they had received a check from the dealer to pay off the turn-in fee. Ford Credit would not budge, but my dealer paid the turn in fee like he said he would. Most dealers would not do that!

...Rich

dealership about 2 hours away found one for me (know a salesman from another board)...now the haggle begins (starting at $35,160)...dealer cost appears to be about $30,500, so got a bit of room to work on it

X-plan took me from a 28,300 sticker price to 26,500 plus i still got 1,500 cash ford incentives (500 straight and 1000 for not taking a lower interest rate) not sure exactly what other fees i didnt have to pay for not having x-plan cuz i didnt have to pay them. That was 2 weeks ago. Black XLT with XLT, V8, tow, tonneau, premium sound, sirius, adj. pedals and power seat.

further hunting has found that i can order one that i want specifically for 33k less any rebates (no haggling or anything, spec'd it out, they printed the pre-order and told me 500 over dealer invoice)...i'm still kind of interested in what the x-plan pricing would be on it though

The X-Plan will be just under invoice (~$50-70) and you still get to apply incentives to that price. The $500 over invoice may be with the incentives included. Make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

Daeron - I bought a 2001 Escape (first year out) at invoice plus incentives. I bought the ST at invoice minus incentives. Dealers are still making money. Plus, Ford sales are horrible right now on trucks and SUVs. The dealer wants your business! Make them work for it.

I went ahead and ordered it at 500 over dealer invoice less any rebates at delivery...we looked at the X-plan on it and I would lose my college student rebate, so it would only save me about 250 bucks doing X-plan at this point...ordered it retail, can always switch to X-plan if it'll help any...

I did look at the orange frost paint sample and it looks nice :)