how to change keyless entry code number

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Williams

Reaction score
I have the factory code for my 04 ST but I dont know how to change it. If you will pass this info along, sa I dont have an owners manual. Thanks Tom

T1) With the doors closed and locked enter the factory code (door now unlocks)

2) Press the 1-2 button (starts the new code programming sequence)

3) Press the buttons for your new code (5 different buttons, no single button repeated in sequence).

That does it. Now the factory code and your personal code will unlock all.

Oh, and some other things:

- When pressing 3-4 after unlocking the door via the code, ALL DOORS open

- Pressing 5-6 and 7-8 at the same time locks all the doors.

This is from the search section.

Also, you can't change the factory code.... it's always there. You can only add a personalized code. And if the battery is ever disconnected for some reason, your personal code will no longer work; only the factory code will.

A couple things that were said here confuses me .........You hit the same button twice in a row using my personal code......part of my code is 6 then 5 .....and I have disconnect my battery several times and have never had to reset my personal code... or my preset radio stations ether for that matter.... I have a '01 Job 2 .

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a capacitor in the radio that retains memory for an amount of time. There may be something like that for the various modules in the Trac as well.

You will see most companies tell you to disconnect the battery and turn on every thing you can that has a switch. As a general rule it will drain any capacitors and allow the memory to be reset.

Latest posts