How to change the LED backlight of instrument panel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Cueto 2

Reaction score
Hi Guys, anybody in the group know how to change LED backlight of the instrument panel board. Kindly let me know or give me some info, so I have reference and can do it by myself.

I saw TODDZ post in his calendar, that one is the LED for the door switches, i find it interesting. I will work on it on my idle time, specially on my time-off. Currently im in Nigeria, I do 9/3 weeks rotation. Thanks...

Cheers....

The lights the illiminate the gauge cluster are all white bulbs. You would have to replace the guage faces to change the color.

On 2001 STthe gauges background are all white and the backlights are all green LED. Im asking if somebody in the group experience to change their backlights into blue color LED. Thanks

Unless it is different from my 02 they are bulbs which shine through a green film which is built into the gauges.

It is definatly possible that 01's are different, but I know for a fact my 02 is NOT led's.

Go with Speedhut overlays. They are sweet, I did sand off the green film on my stock overlays and put blue in there but it did not look as good.

Chad

Fast Eddie'04 thank you for the link I did save it in my flash drive. To all contributor thank you for sharing your experience, this thread is very helpful. Hopefully there is Speedhunt overlay in our country (PI). By the way, can I order it online?

Latest posts