HOW TO LOCK YOUR CAR (Snopes Approved)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a guy down the street from me and his car is held locked just like the above picture. A much heavier chain and lock though.

Fmarano,

Snopes isn't the end all, be all, but in a world of misinformation and internet-lore sent from everyone's crazy sister-in-law, it is as good a site as any for debunking much of the crap that is sent around.

Some folks are just so gullible.

TJR
Pretty sure he means 5 of my sister in laws. 🤣😂😂🤣😁

Most after market security systems have been using anti code grabbing technology for over 10 years now. I'd suspect OEM equipment would have upgraded to similar technology.
Great Idea!
Dont look to Ford to do it.
They stopped Producing the Sport Track. How smart was that?
The parts counter guys find parts for me on Amazon more than in there stock. Call my Sports Track the deleted vehicle. That sucks parts wise.
Just saying...

Totally sucks. I posted awhile back about a broken tail piece on my STA running board. Not available anymore. Anyone out there with a 3D printer?

Search by part number in the last year I have found 2 complete new OEM running boards (dead stock) plus I picked up 4 tips, spares, OEM again dead stock. all found by using part number searches. took a while over 5 months but worth it all at fair prices.

Thanks for the suggestion, Rod. Did you find running boards for the Gen2 Adrenalin? I searched the part number (8A2Z-16451-AD) and found nothing. Numerous websites showing it, but all indicate "Discontinued - not available". I only need the driver's side rear tail piece, but I'd consider buying the whole board if I could find it. How do you search for dead stock?

Regards, Len

Attachments

• 2009 ADRENALIN Running Board Tail Piece.png
    2009 ADRENALIN Running Board Tail Piece.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 123
No was not looking for anything but Gen 1.Don't waste your time with dealers. Before the computer I use my contacts in the obsolete transportation inventory business, estate sales, etc. which is a hobby of mine. But now with the computer I also use people like RearCounter.com, Stillwell's ObsoleteCar Parts.com, Findafordpart.Com they have always treated me fair and go out of their way to help. Their inventory changes by the day, as their pickers find old stock. So keep checking regularly can take some time (2 Running boards took 6 months between each) to get.
I just found some parts I have been searching for 12 years, found them in an old farm dealership building which had been boarder up for over 50 years- Estate Sale got everything I needed sold rest- for the cost of removing the building.

Latest posts