how to open tonneau

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome and Congratulations on your Sport Trac but I can't help you, sorry. I don't have a factory tonneau. I have just ordered the Undercover tonneau but it has yet to arrive. By the way you have a relatively rare and much sought after color on your '01.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two locks under the 2 of the 3 rubber bumpers on top of the cover. Lift the top half of the rubber bumper up. There is a lock inside (under the bumper) Use your key to unlock while lifting the back half of the tonneau. The one for the front half is located up by the rear window on the drivers side. The one on the passenger side is just along for the ride.

Also there is an emergency release on the front cover inside the bed. Its a blue handle with a cord attached to it. Just in case you or one of the kids get locked in.

I hope this helps.

Rich

LaurenF, welcome, and good luck here at this site! Good people, good topics, good banter, back and forth! Me, I cannot recall that particular color, it is from the 2001 year, but it was discontinued that same year it appeared on the dealer lots. BTW, I have the other color that did not last past the first year; ISLAND:wub: BLUE! It is a beautiful color that is very rarely seen, just as that orange you have, both are 2001 colors. Island Bue is akin to turquoise or teal green, just in case you spot one somewhere:eek:

Lauren,

That is how you open it... And you may want to shoot a shot of wd40 or lithium spray

on the cables and locks, as mine is an '05 with the factory hard cover, and everything

seemed to be tight. I think they are a little cheap from the factory on the lube, or grease.

Made a world of difference on mine as to how hard or easy the key was to turn, and how

easy the cover lifted up!

Welcome to our World!;)