How to tell if bottom cladding painted same color or grey from factory?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the picture in you library, it appears that your ST is an XLT Premium. In 2004, the XLT Premium trim included a monochromatic exterior that includes color-keyed bumpers, fascia, moldings and step bars and the Comfort Group and Premium Sport Group.

So yes, it's probably factory.

My 04 XLT Prem Comfort is black top to bottom

here is what Pickuptrucks.com said about the 04 when they tested it back then.

The base XLS comes with the 4.0-liter V6 engine, CD player, power windows, roof rails, 3.73:1 rear axle and 5-speed automatic transmission.

XLT adds Berber floor mats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and plenty of option potential to upgrade the audio system or add accessories.

XLT Premium adds the monochromatic paint scheme, fog lamps, alloy wheels, 4.10:1 rear axle, leather seating and a center console that includes rear climate/audio controls.

They didn't mention the Adrenelin which was weird to me.

so yes I believe the 2004 models below XLT prem were unpainted.

see my xlt premium doesnt have the console with rear climate control or paint matching cladding. dealer must have lied and called mine the premium when it wasnt. dealer said premium package meant larger tires and wheels. some other stuff i cant remember

Clay, do you still have your window sticker??

When I bought my '04 xlt prm, summer of '04. All the ones onthe lot were mono painted and high console. The ones that didnot were the xls. I wonder if you have an early '04 xlt prm and ford made a '04 job 2 change. The '03 didnot have mono paint, including the adrelin.

Well there was also different packages, like mine was an XLT PREM Comfort Group, but I you could also get the XLT Prem in a Sport package too.

This below is from the link Train Trac provide. It is the differences between XLT's and XLS and what was added.

XLT adds to XLS: leather-wrapped steering wheel; remote keyless entry with keypad, speed control/tilt steering wheel, woven floormats and black dual fold-away power exterior mirrors.

XLT Premium adds to XLT: a monochromatic exterior that includes color-keyed bumpers, fascia, moldings and step bars and the Comfort Group and Premium Sport Group.

Adrenalin features: a 510-watt Pioneer audio system, color-keyed bumpers, fascia and moldings, chrome wheels, chrome step bars and unique badging.

Comfort Group, optional on XLT and standard on XLT Premium, includes six-way power driver seat, driver power lumbar support, passenger manual two-way seat adjustor, premium floor console, overhead console with outside temperature and compass, autolamp and auto-dimming mirror.

Premium Sport Group, optional on XLT and standard on XLT Premium, includes bright cast aluminum wheels with conventional spare, fog lamps, front tow hooks (4x4 only), all-terrain tires, side step bars and 4.10 rear axle ratio.

:lol: I think I got the XLT Prem with both Comfort and Sport packages :D

I love my trac!

Latest posts