I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
Hey guys, i started painting my radio bezel today and i figured out something that works great. I started off going to auto zone and buying some paint. I bought this special paint for vinyl and fabric and sandable primer. So i started by sanding the old paint off with 120 grit paper. Then i got some rubbing alcohol and rubbed her down. Then i sprayed it with somr primer, let it set then grabbed some 320 grit and smoothed it. I continued spraying and smoothing it until i got to 6 coats of primer. Here is the problem though. It's supossed to rain tonight so i can't start with the paint yet. If anyone tries this project make sure you get sandable primer and sand it between coats. The bezel is really smooth and ready to paint. I'll post pics when i get done painting it tomorrow.

You have a lot more patience then I do Tyler and I'm sure yours will look a lot better. I didn't use primer. I just sanded the old paint off (amazing how easy it peels off) and bought a can of the paint that's supposed to adhere to plastic and sprayed several coats. At least it looks better then the crappy, peeling, Ford oem paint.

[Broken External Image]: