I Love the Post Office! NOT!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always have post office problems...where I used to live, my neighbors got more of my mail than I did.

When I moved this past week...I got a townhouse where the locked boxes are all together in the complex. I went to the post office for a key. I found the box it worked in...to my surprise, a neighbor was using that box and he also had a key. I called the post office, was told to go to the main office in town which is across town from where I live. I drove out there and waited in line only to be told to go to the Southeast Station which is near my new house. I drove back out there and was told then to go to the administrative office, which is south of town. I drove out there and was told to fill the paperwork out, that a key would be provided within two weeks...in the meantime, they will hold my mail and I have to drive to their administrative office when I want to pick it up.

Sorry for the long rant...just seemed like a good opportunity. I am loving the automated mailing centers where I can buy stamps and mail packages without having to look at one of their employees.

I am going to say something good about the post office. We get stellar service from the Post Office.

Theresa sends out 30 to 100 packages a day. Our letter carrier took the initiave to knock on our door and ask us if we wanted some plastic tote box's for our packages. He then aske4d us how many we wanted. We told him two. The next day, we got 4. We now have a stack in the basement for her packages. He keeps tabs on how many totes we give back full of packages and will knock on our door to ask if our suppl is holding up and will give us more if we need them.

We save a ton of money by shipping through the USPS. We will UPS or FedEx depending on the weight and size of the package.

Tom

Caymen,

If Theresa uses USPS Priority Mail, the post office will ship you all the boxes you need in assorted sizes. I use them for my LeverLift business and have about 4 boxes of different sizes in my garage at all times.

...Rich

She does not always use Priority Mail. Depending on the cost, many times, 1st class is faster and cheaper than priority mail.

Check it out sometime. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Tom

That is were UPS fails on the free boxes unless your using the Mailing Tubes that have to be shipped 2nd Air.

I just ordered a 1000 boxes and Priority Mail Envelopes. The Post Office called to confirm my order thinking it was a mistake. A Road Way truck dropped them off on a pallet...LOL That quantity will last me 3 months.

FedEx Ground has been awesome though. Very happy with them.

You can break the glue on the priority mail boxes and turn them inside out to have a brown box. The video sized boxes are labeled on the inside but all other sizes are not;). I have them shipped to my home and they usually are 25 boxes per bundle.

I'm in line, as I have to process International Mail, the carrier or counter person, 1. is rude. 2. when I request an empty bin, she proceeds to tell me they are only for Business's. I respond, politely, I'm a business and here is 30 packages of mail I need to drop off.

She says "well your from another city and I don't know you". I tell her this is the first time I've ever had a problem dropping off mail and I want to see this new policy. She ends up being nice and explains they are losing bins and don't want to give them out anymore. I said no problem. I know all the people that work at the other Post Office by first name and I will just take it over there in the future. They don't have an issue giving them out especially since I bring two full bins each day of packages.

Since when does she have to "know me" to give out bins...LOL. I spend over 15K a year in shipping with the Post Office. However, they don't give a dam* about their business customers.

Write a letter to the post master and include the person's name.

Or, next time, just don't put up with her crap at all. As soon as she says something rude, ask politely to see her boss.

I also use them for ground covering when cleaning parts, changing oil, ,spray painting, etc... when necessary. PO gets my business regardless because they are cheaper for lower weight items.

Latest posts