I think its dead

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know whats sad... and probably the reason why nothing was done about the trannys in our ST's? People like the ones here just blow it off like its nothing major. Most people spend every penny they have to get a vehicle, it is not right by any stretch of the imagination that they should even put 1 cent into thier car for atleast a good 5-10 years.

As long as people accept it, there is no reason for them to stop it.

I'm counting my current fords between personal and business.

2002 ranger 3.0 150,000

2002 ranger 3.0 80,000

2003 ranger 3.0 manual 105,000

2004 ranger 4.0 manual 75,000

2003 mach 1 8,000

2005 mariner 20,000

I replaced one manual tranny at 75,000. The truck tows granite counter tops daily with the manual tranny since the day I bought it. The only warranty claims I had was a windshield squirter hose that came loose in the mariner. Past the tranny, nothing but 2 batteries and normal maintenance items have been replaced.

keep in mind 3 of the rangers are driven by other people that don't give a hoot about them. I do bring them home every 5ooo miles for the weekend to do oil changes, etc. i expected a 3 year life cycle, then start replacing them. The fact that I have kept the three delivery trucks on the road past that is money in my pocket as they started getting paid off.

My next purchase will be another ford based product, specifically a 3.5 L DOHC 265 HP version. I really really want that engine.:D

my ST Light was flashing ar 140 km.. i just got it serviced and put a bottle or lucus in, and now my ST is at 220 Km and no flashing ever since

Latest posts