If it's not one thing, it's another...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok...I followed the instructions to replace my console lights and now the left side of my cruise control switch lights are out - the ON/OFF side.

I didn't remove the steering wheel. Any ideas?

I just had the ON/OFF cruise control switch replaced under the 90 day warranty (just purchased my 2005 Sport Trac last month). They charged me $100 deductible, saying the switch itself cost $150 and the labor was quite lengthy due to repacking the air bag. I have no idea what the entire job would have cost without being under warranty. At any rate I thought the cost was excessive.

In all, my ST seems ok (except for lousy 14 city, 17 overall).

Tommy

I just had the ON/OFF cruise control switch replaced under the 90 day warranty (just purchased my 2005 Sport Trac last month). They charged me $100 deductible, saying the switch itself cost $150 and the labor was quite lengthy due to repacking the air bag. I have no idea what the entire job would have cost without being under warranty. At any rate I thought the cost was excessive.

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Tommy

Oh my gosh, that nervous twitch on the send button is a killa!:bwahaha:

They fed you a line of BS if they told you they had to "repack" the air bag............:sad: Here's the project Todd posted on how to replace the switches.:supercool: Oh, and the switches are $133 list price.

b010bbfc089c8998c38b5d810e0bf372.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to pull it apart again today, since my Overdrive Light stopped working once I put it all back together. I must have loosened something up.