If money was no object...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott r

Reaction score
If money was no object, what car/truck/bike would you buy, or what would you do to your current vehicle(s)?

You're probably wondering why I'm asking this. NO I didn't win the lottery, unfortunately. Sometimes it's just kinda fun to think about just what things would be like if I had invested that $10k in Microsoft in 1985 though. hehe

Wow, you're awfully nice bpoche! I'd have to buy myself a really fast toy before I got my girlfriend anything. ;)

Get rid of the current truck, cause if money was no object, I'd be driving around in somethign a little less common.

My list is quite long and extensive of cars that I would want, '70('71?) Hemi Cuda Convert, '34 %-window, 3-window, and covert, '49 Ford Woody, Skyline, Silvia, then of course your uber exotics like the McLaren, CC8, Veyron, Dusenburg, Talbot, etc. I'd be giving Jay Leno a run for his money with my car collection. I'm just a huge car buff and would love to have every unique, strange, or rare auto out there.

It sounds like you are a lot like me Tiger. I don't think I could ever say "money is no object" considering the sheer number and price of the cars/trucks I'd buy. We're talking BILLIONS...then BILLIONS more for upkeep, storage, insurance and all other related costs in keeping the vehicles.

I think my FIRST vehicle would be a '69 Camaro, then I'd stuff a 572ci GM crate engine in it and then add a supercharger. That should burn through nearly $100k pretty quickly. I'd then have to get a tricked out '68 or 69 Shelby GT500...blue with white stripes. Then I'd go for the exotic cars, McLaren F1 would certainly be on my list, as would many of the Ferraris and Lamborghinis produced over the past 20 or so years. I think I might also buy connecticut, to turn it into a garage...I'll probably need THAT much room by the time I'm done buying.

Of course I'd have to have my daily drivers...Jaguars, a different Hummer for each day of the week...or MONTH, then I'd get my trucks. Gotta have trucks! I'd probably take my current sport trac and make SURE it's the fastest trac in the world. Concept cars would be high on my list too, I'd really love to have that Jeep that they keep showing everywhere with the TWO HEMIs (one for the front tires, one for the rear tires). I could really get crazy if I had an unlimited budget. Hell, I get crazy on my limited budget sometimes!!

That Terrawind looks mighty cool, but you wouldn't want to have that baby out on a windy day on the lake, it looks awfully top-heavy. It would suck if it turned over onto its side! Of course $1.2 million really wouldn't be much, you could always go buy another one if you sank the first one. hehe

:lol:

I bet the oil companies would really appreciate that. However, the guy driving the mazda miata down the highway as you barreled along at 70mph would NOT. ;)

I suppose after I got done buying cars for me...well, maybe not DONE, because I'd never be finished...but after I got done with my first 100 purchases (which shouldn't take more than a day or two), I'd buy my dad a '69 Charger. That's what he had when he was a kid. I'd fix it up so it would be identical to the one he had way back when. I'd buy my mom a late 60s mustang convertible, because then she'd be too busy driving to gripe at me for spending so much money. I'd buy my brother a real truck so he could stop driving those stinking diesels. Then I'd send everyone on the site here a supercharger to add to their trac, because every trac needs a supercharger.

So many things, so little time and money...

Money no object, I would buy a Ford GT if I was only able to buy one vehicle. Now, don't get me wrong, the Bugati is nice, but just too damn ugly for its own good.

Tom

If money was no object I would not own any currently built vehicle. I would only have custom, hand made vehicles to fit a particular application and my particular mood that day.

...Rich

JohnnyO,

My uncle has a 1969 Boss 429. Complete with the factry spoiler and louvers. Less then 10,000 miles on it and he is the original owner.

Tom

Latest posts