If this can make it, I think there is safe enough ice...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.. the link that took you to the one back on Devils lake was really cool, there's even a video... I wouldn't have the nerve to do it..

WHITE BEAR LAKE, Minn. -- A house that once sheltered caretakers on White Bear Lake's Manitou Island is being moved -- across the ice on the frozen lake.

House mover Terry Semple says the lake route is the only one possible. But that doesn't mean it's easy to move the 60-ton house.

Semple has been testing the ice for a month. He's also tried to thicken it in some areas by pumping water onto the lake's surface. He said he thinks he has a couple of feet of ice where he needs it.

The weight of the home will be spread among 64 tires as the move begins Wednesday.

The century-old home is being wheeled across the lake to make room for potential development on the small island.

The move is being documented by the White Bear Lake Area Historical Society.

My Judgement is that a century old building has more right to be there than some developers bottom line. :angry::p