I'm Her Daddy,, Officer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at least he'll have some weight in disciplining his daughter now, or saying what she can wear. "It's official, you dress like a whore."

Anyone know if Ameriquest actually has/will run this ad? I agree that it's hilarious--but I can also see them and/or the FCC getting some complaint letters about it from some of your more conservative television viewers...

Screw conservative television viwers. They ruin all fun. TV is supposed to be entertaining, not boring. If you want boring TV, watch CSPAN during a filibuster.

Tiger, I wholeheartedly agree.

But I also know that a lot of advertisers are running in fear from anything even mildly suggestive, because of the looming overextension of the FCC. For example, Bud had an ad they planned to air during the Super Bowl one year after Janet Jackson's nipplegate, that made fun of that situation by showing a scene supposedly from the year before, with a guy wanting to have a Bud backstage prior to the Super Bowl. His hands were unable to grab the twist top, so he grabbed a piece of cloth hanging over the chair to open it, and accidentally tore the cloth in the process. As the camera pans away, you see that it is the costume Jackson then wore during the "costume malfunction".

It was funny as could be--but even making a reference to nipplegate stoked fears of the conservatives' McCarthy-like attacks, and they pulled it before it aired. And this falls in that same vein, so I wouldn't be surprised if it never made it to broadcast for this reason.

Last edited by a moderator: