I'm surprisingly alive - the focus is totaled ***updated with photos***

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenn,

I hope you have a speedy recovery and that the other guys insurance takes care of this. Regardless, if you have not done so, call your insurance company and let them work it -- that is why you pay them money. Nothing should come out of your pocket.

You will be in my prayers.....

Gerry

Thanks Gerry. I called them today and have been assigned a person to take care of it all. I still don't know if fault was established yet (i assume it will either be his fault, or no fault will be declared). Either way, I was unable to get a copy of the police report because they said it takes 10 days. My insurance said they could get it from them and determine fault. Talking to my insurance today made me feel MUCH better. They helped me out a lot with calming down about it all.

Oh man!!!!!!!! :eek: You ARE a lucky gal!! The curve in the roof looks really scary!

If you were a cat I'd say you have 8 more lives.....................:D

jenn,

wow, that was some wreck.

i am not familiar where it happend, but i really take notice when i am in florida (i.e.: I-75, I-4 ) that 85-90 mph is the norm. the accidents i see are not pretty.

very glad you are ok. also i appreciate your seatbelt comments as people don't take it seriously.

don't worry about the car, it is only a material item that can be replaced. you on the other hand are here to talk about it. say a prayer and best of luck on your healing .

Gary, 528 is also referred to as the Beachline. It takes you from the airport to the beach (East). I was probably doing about 70mph.

As for the seatbelts, I think I now have earned the right to be a seatbelt nazi (as my friends at work call it). :D:D

how can it be your fault?

the other driver is responsible for the control of his vehicle regardless.

like i said, don't worry about it. you are very lucky. concentrate on your recovery.

btw, you may wan't to get tom to do an accident investigation. he would be the only one that knows if you would have made it if it was any other type of vehicle :lol:

Jenn,

That's amazing. So glad to hear you're ok! That wreck looks like a fatality was involved.

Watch out for a hitch-hiker, that keeps re-appearing along your route, the next time you're out for a drive (cue the Twilight Zone music). :eek:

The other guy should have been sited for "failure to control" his vehicle. The "no fault" law in FL really sucks. :angry: SOMEONE is always at fault.

Doug, they assign fault in FL even though it's a no-fault state. If fault is assigned, the person at fault's insurance picks up where you're lets go. So, if the guy is found 'at fault', I will essentially pay nothing and his insurance will cover my deductible and other out of pocket costs. If no fault is established (i.e. a true 'accident'), then we each cover our own costs.

I'll update everyone when I found out the verdict on that.

I'm just thankful that the guy was very remorseful and concerned. He consoled me even while I was trapped in the car. He tried to hold my hand, but accidentally grabbed a part of my hand that had a chunk of glass stuck in it. I yelped and think I scared him away. At that point a passing motorist who happened to be a doctor stopped and came over to hold my head and talk to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible... I think it was the good karma from that license plate that saved you. I'm glad a doctor stopped to help you, I'm surprised he didn't have to pull off the lawyers first....

SOMEONE is always at fault.

Doug, it's this one simple, misinformed belief, errantly held by so many people in this country, which causes so much of the ridiculous legal nightmares we constantly hear about.

NO--Every time something bad happens, it does NOT mean that there has to be someone at fault. Some less-than-ideal things happen in this world that are simply NO ONE's fault.

I'm not necessarily saying that's the case here. At this point, we don't know if it's the other driver's fault (for not keeping tires in proper repair), or some other driver's fault (for throwing something on the road which punctured the tire), or the tire manufacturer's fault (foreseeable tire quality issue), or no one's fault (simply a freak accident). But it doesn't HAVE to be someone's fault.

Holy Crap! Glad your ok. The A and B pillars held up very well and contributed to your survival. Rest up and you will be back on your feet in no time!

Latest posts