Infant car seat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Mas

Reaction score
Dumb question but tried on the search and couldn't find.

Have a 2002 and just had a baby. Trying to install the seat but the latch systems are on the rear of the cabin aren't long enough. Any one that had one installed. Did you need a latch extender or hooked them up to the bottom of the seat. please let me know as gotta install it. Thanks for the help

Check to see if your 02 has small U shaped hooks at the bottom of the seat back/bottom cushion where they meet that are attached to the seat frame. Not sure these U shaped hooks are in vehicles back then. If yes, a newer infant car seat will/should have a "T" strap attached to the base of the car seat, with 2 clip hooks, these clip hooks will snap onto those U shaped hooks, then just snug the strap down, and good to go. If your 02 doesn't have these U shaped hooks on the seat frame, then you will have use the regular seat belt and secure it. There may be a small round sticker at the area where these U shaped hooks are to indicate they are present. Conagrats on the newborn.

I've got an 01 and I haul 2 car seats for my two boys. I've just used seat belts. We use the belts because my wife and I couldn't afford 4 car seats so we have to drop the car seats off at daycare when the other has to pick them up, and I've also found it very difficult to get the top strap in the child safety latch clip behind the seat. It's one of few things I don't like about my trac.

They changed the design in the seat from 02 to 03, but you have hooks behind the seats if not at the bottom.. the 03 is way more child seat friendly..

Todd Z

Stuck using the seat belt, there is only the high part of the latch to keep forward facing seats held in better.

They changed the design in the seat from 02 to 03, but you have hooks behind the seats if not at the bottom.. the 03 is way more child seat friendly..

Well that explains why I didn't have any problems at all. Although, I just avoid having the baby in the Trac. That's what his moms car is for!:grin:

i bought my st just for that reason i got rid of my 08 silverado extended cab and got the st. what a difference in room. only thing i wish my st had the 5.3 that was in my old chev

Curt, why did you not get the 4.6 v8 then ?

Todd Z

i bougth it used and it was a smoking deal and as the wife said i dont need to go 100 anymore with the little guy