installed a magnaflow muffler today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Endrizzi

Reaction score

Well I bit the bullet today and installed a magnaflow muffler on my 05.

First I got prices from the local midas to install it, and he tried to say it would be like $100 plus the muffler... plus the cost of cutting off the old resonator too

So off to Canadian Tire i went, and picked up a 2 1/4" magnaflow, two peices of 2 1/4" pipe, and a couple hangers... Oh, and a new Sawzall blade.

install took me about an hour or so taking my time... removed the resonator in place of a regular pipe, and changed the muffler..

total cost was about 140 bucks, and now I can hear my exhaust, so i am happy

I recommend it!

A few questions:

I live in South Florida - Ft. Lauderdale area. Does anyone know who sells and installs these mufflers?

Is there a model number that is a little quieter then the one in the clip FastEddie sent?

I REALLY like the sound but the last one I installed many years ago on my V8 Dakota Sport was way too loud and pissed off the neighbors - and was a little loud sometimes even for me.

I'd like it to roar when I punch it - not too loud when I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I searched the Magnaflow Website a few months ago and all the local places they list don't carry or install the mufflers - Meineke and Pepboys.

I asked them why and they told me that the performance mufflers aren't cost effective for them.

Still looking

Jimmy, go to the Mad Hatter, located on 441 just south of Griffin Road on the east side. It's an old gas station. He will do anything you want...

Wow -- your midas was way worse than mine. I ordered my Magnaflow online through an authorized dealer. My Midas cut the old on out, and welded the new one in for $80. I was not happy until the huge resonator was also out as well. Now it sounds like a V8 should .

Latest posts