Installed New Rear brakes.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcirtap

Reaction score
Well Installed my new ebc rotors and green pads (rear). My old rotors where really gone to hell. They were falling part. Rot almost. Was really bad. New pin boots and guides installed also. Drained both lines. Painted Calipers also, but didn't turn out as great as i would have hoped. Started raining so was working in rain bleh. Still 100% better then before.

Tomorrow will paint front calipers. Waiting on my order to coming from parts store for front ebc pads and rotors. So at least will be ready once they get here.

Here are some pics. Both sides where just as bad.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

End Result

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

i bought the truck last year. it now has 59000 miles. not sure if brakes were ever changed. I think previous owner might have changed pads but not rotors.

Travis, Haven't really driven at this point, truck still on jackstands. About to go out and remove front calipers to paint. But at this point i think that given the state of old rotors i should see some difference.

You must live in a northern clime where the roads get salted in the winter. What did the parking brake shoes look like? Were they functional?

Parking shoes looked good actually.. And functional

And yeah up in quebec. harsh winter.

[Broken External Image]:

WOW! that is some rust. Now I see why some of our northern members. Need pb blaster, wd-40, etc.

GL....:driving:

The friction material on my parking brake shoes have totally fallen apart. For now, I just cranked them back so they don't touch the rotor. I now have a weird moan from the rear when I brake slowly like at parking lot speeds. I haven't taken the wheels off again to take a look to see what's causing that. I don't ever use the parking brake so I've not been in a hurry to replace the parking brake shoes.