installing shocks...hard or not??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
i am thinking about getting the rsx9000, i have heard alot of good things on here about them! but are they easy to install (im not very good with cars) or should i take them to a dealer/4x4 shop and have them installed(they want $80 for the install)

Took me about 2 hours. A lot of that time was spent taking off the old hardware and putting it on the new shocks. I didn't remove any of the wheels just the rear breather box. It all depends on how much your time is worth.

I'm not very good with cars)

If you don't trust your self, then for that price let them install them.....

IF you willing to say " I can do this and learn as I go", then try, DO one at a time, and start on the front first ....

Todd Z

The questions one should ask themselves before doing this type of work or similar is:

a) Are you capable of doing such work (part of the reason I suspect you are asking here, right)?

b) Do you enjoy doing such work yourself?

c) Do you already have the tools required to do the job safely (or if not and you bought them them would you likely use them again)?

d) If you would primarily be doing it yourself to save money then is this the easiest/best thing you can do with two hours of your time to net $80?

Answer "Yes" to all questions then its a "no-brainer" as you should do it yourself. Answer "No" to a couple of them or most of them then leave it to the pros.

TJR

yeah, for $80, they can have all the fun. I'd rather sit in the waiting room and read magazines and pay them $80.