intake questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Lamb

Reaction score
ok i see cheap one off cold air intakes on ebay for like 40 bucks and i see like K&N ones for like 150 is there that much of a difference or are u paying for the name? please help

Whatever. I have one of the ones from E-Bay and got it for $40. Same damn thing. No problems with mine and noticed an improvement in throttle responce. I don't have a dyno in my back yard so I can't tell you if you get the all the 3 HP increase you may see with the expensive ones. I just know that it made the ST run and pass other cars better.;)

Almost all of them are the same.. The chrome pits just as much on the mac as the cheaper ones. The major difference is in the cone filter. The name brands are a better filter.

I originally put in a K&N drop in filter, and a Ford electrical tech. showed me how to clean the Mass Air Flow Sensor. Because of oil bleed through from the aftermarket filter Ford does not recommend using them on anything except a Mustang. If I had known about the AEM filter, that uses no oil to bleed through on to the MAFS, I would have used that instead of the AirAid CAI that uses less oil.