Interesting Hybrid News

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Data Kruncher

Reaction score
Don't tell Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz and other planet-hugging stars who drive hybrids, but a respected automotive research company has some shocking news about cars that run partly on electricity -- hybrid cars don't really save energy. CNW Marketing Research of Bandon, Ore., concludes after two years of study that, even though hybrid cars use less fuel, they require more energy than conventional cars because their design and manufacture are more complex and the costs of disposal or recycling are higher for their batteries, electric motors and other components. Among CNW's more startling claims is that several large sport utility vehicles as well as a number of vans, pickup trucks and exotic sports cars cost less per mile in energy usage than the Toyota Prius, Honda Accord and Civic hybrids and the Ford Escape Hybrid.

Yeah I remember reading the actual report on this a couple days ago.

They compared, in the report, the Prius vs. I believe the Tahoe, and showed that the actual cost of owning the Tahoe and its impact on natural resources was lower than the Prius.

I still think Hybrid's are in the right direction, but right now you are fooling yourself to think they offer that much of an improvement.

DID you know that the v6 sport Trac has lower emissions than the Honda hybrid.....

Just a fact..

Todd Z

The info we had in CA said the v6 only....

Todd Z