Ipod interface nightmare

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alright.................alright................I surrender!!!!!!!!

There is obviously no hard-wired Ipod interface made on the entire planet that will work on my '05 Adrenalin. I have the factory Pioneer system with the subwoofer and 6 disc in-dash CD changer.This unit has no satellite button or auxiliary input on it. Evidently the only solution is throw out the factory head unit and replace it......naturally!!! I'm in the process of returning a USASpec interface that their tech ASSURED me would work with my application before I ordered it.

I had to resorted to hard wiring a Clarion Audio FM Module with RCA inputs to the same stock system you have, except mine was on a 2002 ST. I was using RCA's with the small headphone jack on one end to connect the IPOD. Worked good, recieved no fade in/out interferance. I had it on over a year with no problems, recently got rid of it because I went with aftermarker audio

That is correct....... I have the same 05 Adrenalin model as you. There is nothing to accomplish this no matter what they tell you. OFF TRAC the 05 Adrenalin package 6 disc is different from the 2002 Pioneer 6 disc you have. The only way currently to do this would not be a hardwired solution and would have to employee a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play internal FM modulator. Not really what I am looking for. With it's display and remote mount control knob I find this thing to be a cluster f$%k of a solution. I am looking at either the Kenwood DDX 7017 or the Alpine IVA W200. Of course this puts the cost of utilizing the IPod in the ST to over $850.00. The Alpine seemsto be the leading contender for it's speed in using the IPod. All other units (Pioneer AVIC Z1, AVIC D2 and Kenwood DDX 7017 & 8017) get horrible reviews for the lack of speed in using the IPod. I consider the Kenwood only due to the lesser cost involved in adding Navigation.

Why this audiophile Pioneer unit does not have AUX or SAT ability is beyond me. :angry:

Caleb

I had a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play installed the weekend before last with the FM mod. - sounds great very happy with it. Drive + Play was $99 at Circuit City and $119 for install of the unit.

The salesman at Circuit City tried to talk me out of it saying that they had three returned for poor sound quality. My installer (the manager at Al and Eds) said that he had installed three with no problems.

He said CC was advertising the units below cost, (he said his cost was $149) and then trying to redirect me to a different unit, (even though the “solution” that they were trying to sell me was cheaper – it was still at their full cost, so they were making $$ instead of losing it.)

Ken;)

Well looks like I blanked on the note that it's an '05 Adrenalin which has a differant stock HU than the stock '02 Pioneer Audiophile System my ST came with. I went on the note made that his radio was the factory Pioneer system with the subwoofer, 6 disc in-dash CD changer and no satellite button or auxiliary input on it. Sounded just like the Pioneer audiophile system on my '02 ST, but again blanked on it being an '05 Adrenalin

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that same interface and have not had a lick of trouble I took it to Circut City and let them install it. I have a 2002 with the stock HU with CD and cassette. It's nice not to have to take all my cd's with me, 1700 songs....

Too bad more manufacturers weren't like Toyota. I am currently renting a Toyota Sienna minivan, and it has the standard on the dash to allow me to connect my mp3 player. Stopped by the local Wal-Mart and bought the cord with the plug on each end.

Sounds as good as CD's.

Every car should have that little plug.