Is hockey turning into Nascar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Thompson

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone on here follows hockey but what was up with the all-star game?? Singers during intermission??? Some dude between the second and third period lip singing?? This does not have a place in hockey! Intermission is a time for stats highlighs and interviews IMO

anyone else watch the game

P.S. GO EAST GO!!

I am a HUGE hockey fan (B's are my team). I thought the All Star weekend was an embarrassment. I guess that's how they are trying to get new fans. I could have done without the cheesy band at the beginning, and if you watch hockey, you know that there are plenty of great anthem singers around the NHL that do as good a job, if not better, than theese "Grammy award winning recording artists"

The game itself was as enertaining as it could have been without checking, but I'm not a fan of most of the changes they made with the skills competition, namely the slam dunk contest. You get points for scoring goals.

MIKE your soooo right. I hate to say this because i have many friends in the States but the all-star game was so "Americanized" it wasn't funny. Very similar to Nascar. I actually thought they played a really good game and there was 1 check late in the 3rd period but it was by mistakes

im a Sens fan

mike, a B's fan?! seriously?! I'm a Habs fan myself..I just wanted to bring up the pounding your boys received at the hands of Les Canadiens last week ;) go habs go!

lol - seriously though, I didn't watch the all-star game for a reason

Shaun, yeah, for some reason we can't beat the habs. I think the B's are playing very well despite all the injuries they have. Don't know how long they can stay in the playoff race. I was glad to see them hire a REAL coach, and didn't expect any miracles this year. We need to find someone who can put the puck in the net before the deadline!!!! Defense not a problem.

and so we enter the Canada Only zone....

Wasn't the nhl not televised/canceled or something in America not that long ago?

Kevin

::lol:lol::lol:: go back and hide under the covers "the canada zone" You are so typical.... Keep drinking your horse piss :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wouldn't call it the Canada only zone. Many great hockey players come from both Canada and the States. and the fact that Canada only has a few NHL club still around I can see why they are trying to cater more to the USA. I just don't think they need to have all this garbage in between periods.

Just a question for people who watchs hockey in the states

Do you get to see Don Cherry in Coach's Corner?????

Of course they dont see that kook. Hes hired by CBC broadcasting, and "Hockey Night in Canada" is non-existant down there unless they have satelite or something like that..

Mike,

I feel your pain my friend. The habs have had a tough run the last few years. Infact it hasn't been until very recently that Guy Carbineau has found the combination to make for goals. A lot of it has to do with the coaching

Keith, I don't have to hide under the covers--it's 50.4 degrees F here, so it's too warm for that :)

I can't say that I've ever dranken horse piss though--beer is downright nasty, and unless you guys have created an evolutionary leap in the substance north of the border, it is still going to suck in my opinion.

I can believe that the steak is better, but anything more is pushing it.

Of course, you said something about the Alberta steak, and alberta is the province that I'm least likely to get to anytime soon...it doesn't line up appropriately with the States, so maybe I'll never know :(

Budweiser has a commercial running currently--one of those "Lager Lessons" ones--where for much of the ad, the guy is standing in front of a portrait of two Clydesdales. At one point, the guy holds a pilsner glass full of Bud in the air--and is holding it right below one of the Clydesdales, such that it really looks like he's getting a refill of horse piss. I wish I knew how to capture that still frame as a .jpg or something and post it here--it's classic if you're looking at it with that in mind!!! :lol:

The biggest issue that I have with the NHL right now, is that they want hockey and NHL to be household topics. Make it mainstream. That's fine by me, but then why the hell put the All-Star game, with the leagues premier players on showcase, on a channel that only a portion of the country can even get?

I enjoyed the all star game... if they kept is status quo as every other year then it would get the same response... none at all!!!

I say keep it up..

If it works like NASCAR, it'll attract the wannanbees and alienate the true fans to the point they are no longer.

Too Hollywood...

JMO

No, I didn't get to see the All Star game -- BECAUSE I DON"T HAVE VS. I have so had it with this crappy TV contract that the NHL has. I couldn't watch most of the playoffs last year, because they were on Vs.

By the way -- GO WINGS!!!!!

Rocks

Of course they dont see that kook. Hes hired by CBC broadcasting, and "Hockey Night in Canada" is non-existant down there unless they have satelite or something like that..

Been watching Hockey Night in Canada for at least the past 30 years. Of course, being in Northern Ohio, I can pick up some of the Canadian stations out of Winsor. That's what got me interested in hockey!

I agree that the game and the entertainment were both kind of lame, especially the entertainment...

Latest posts