is there any way to shave the tie downs and top bed liner???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
hey,

i have been wondering if you could shave your tie donws and top bed liner...if so does anyone have a estimate on how much it would cost to get it done??????

i dont know of a way to "shave" them but i replaced them with billet aluminim ones from eric larson. hes a member here and makes and sells them. here is his email address

[email protected] very reasonable on price also think i paid 40 bucks for all six

paul:cool:

I had seen it somewhere (can't find it now go figure). Where someone took the factory tiedowns off and cut them shorter then remounted; looked almost flush. then when he needed then again he put the two pieces together to make a full tiedown. Looked pretty good nice an clean he used a hacksaw to cut it with. sorry I couldn't find it I thought it was a member project.

yea but i hae no need for them and i plan on lowering and putting odds and ins on it and wan't it smooth without that liner and tie downs

That's a nice project.

I'm sure I am not alone in having a shirtsleeve snagged and ripped while walking past. It's like the boat cleats magiacally jump out at you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the billet tie downs from Eric then if you ever do need them they are easy to bolt back on.

[Broken External Image]:

Tyler was referring to removing the tiedowns and the black caps along the top of the bed and then smoothing it all and painting it. (See link below for pic of 23ballistic's (Randy)custom job.)

The purpose of me posting is to point out that Tyler wasn't asking about billet tiedown replacements. (I don't know what the custom work would cost, though.)

:)

I think someone should post that picture of the ST that had the top of the bed and the tiedowns taken off. I was thinking it would look just like a normal bed, but it's got tons of holes and stuff in it.

Last edited by a moderator: