Is this True?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schmidt

Reaction score
I was just at KBB and it said, after 10-12-06 that the rear power window is standard now on the Limited ST. Any one else heard of this?

Don't know about standard, But it is definitely available now...

Todd Z

Had not heard that one, but it would have sure saved me a lot of grief if that were true earlier. Ordered an Alloy Limited ST with power rear window, it arrived without it. Not good. Waiting on order #2. Not one Alloy ST in my area has the power rear window. I for one would not take an St without it, how many would not take an ST off the lot if it had one? Wish they would just put it on all of them.

Here's the official word on the standard power rear sliding window offered on Limited series. This communication was broadcasted and made available to all Ford dealers on 10/04/06.

Effective 10/12/06 for November 2006 submissions, the power sliding rear window (617) will become standard on the Sport Trac Limited series.

The base price of the Sport Trac Limited series will be increased by $225 MSRP. This will ensure existing 2007 Sport Trac stock, with the optional power sliding rear window—617, is priced equivalent (on a WSD basis) to the Sport Trac Limited containing the standard power rear window (10/12 and beyond order submissions).

The power sliding rear window (617) will remain optional on Sport Trac XLTs.

That would mean that it is standard on the Limited, but it is definitely not free. :unsure:

...Rich

01-05 St's had it as part of the truck and basicly, you never saw the cost. Now Ford figured out how to make more money on the best option the ST has.

That's good to know. A good decision in my opinion. While it's not free, they are adding it on at a price less than the original $245 MSRP price. Whether it showed up on any price list, you paid for it on the 01-05s.

Ranger One, do you have the ability to check order numbers? I've been told mine is to be built the 2nd week of November, but they (dealer) don't have VIN yet. I thought the VIN was generated prior to a build date? I tried the automatic phone system but it does not recognize the U53 body code.

PRM - Per my direct e-mail reply, until your order is serialized, no VIN has been assigned yet. The build date is still TDB or "Unscheduled" status, I will keep an eye on its progress in the meantime.

Thanks again. Curious as to why it's still unscheduled after a month in the system. Hopefully things will start moving soon.

Another reason why Ford is going down the tubes. The powered back window was one of the things that made the ST an ST. It's just a small crappy F150 without one.

Here is what I have been told. The assembly line is shut down and they will start back up in November with Job 3. This is what my ordering person sent me:

Thursday, October 05, 2006

RE: Twin Cities Commodity Information - Ford Week 40 October Production

2007 SPORT TRAC

Due to extensive plant downtime, some scheduled Sport Trac orders will show a TBD build date until Week #45 (November 9). In week #45 the order bank will be converted to Job 3 specifications and a build week will be assigned.

Hope this is true. I have been waiting since May for my ST. ( The first one was destroyed on a dealer's lot by a freak hail storm one day after getting off the transport truck.)

Is it normal for a car manufacturer to go through 3 iterations of the same vehicle within 1 model year? I would think it may be possible with a vehicle that is new on the market, but for a redesign of an existing vehicle that is basically another vehicle that has been on the market for a year or 2 seems like a bad track record. Although I could just be reading things wrong...

Mike

I hope you're right that they get going again. My dealer said the 2nd week of November is when mine would be built, but it is listed as "Unscheduled" in the system as of yesterday. I wonder what constitutes a Job 3?

Got an update...mine is listed as Job 2, and the final invoice was $20 less then the build invoice...started hunting and sure enough, no rear power window, but the base price went up...overall, you save 20 bucks if you were going to get it, so I didn't complain...ordering person about had a heart attack though :p

Mine is still slated to start build on 11/6 (it is in BUCKED status, meaning they have all the parts for it) and scheduled to leave there on 11/8...which means I should have it sometime the week before turkey day (few days before even what she said). I can't wait!!!

Latest posts