It is that cold out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Thompson

Reaction score
Took the truck through the car wash this morning. Got back on the road and came to the next stop light. when I hit the brakes i had nothing for about 3-5 seconds. Brakes were covered in ice. The temp here is -33C or for my friends of the south -27F kinda funny because next thursday they are forcasting +12C which is 54F YEAH TROPICAL!!!!

Now would this be caused by ice on my brakes or could it be something else??

I am going to wash my truck at lunch it is supose to be -27 on monday maybe it will stay clean for a week lololol

That is what happened the brakes froze up

Nice to here some is getting the cold we will be seeing next week lolololo

Good old strong canadians

"strong canadians"? Wha? Where?

When I go up to Canadia, you'll have to show me this oddity :D

13 Provinces/province-equivalents, right? I'll see them all, even the "city-less" ones like Saskatchewan.

us canucks can show you a good time! eating seal meat and sleeping in igloos LOL.

Its not that bad plus i live like 5 min from Maine boarder so besides some invisible line we are really not that diff.

kevin

I have drank the crap you guys call beer “we call it horse piss" I have eaten you beef and I will take a Alberta stake any day... So when you want to eat good beef and drink real beer give us a call until then Enjoy you horse piss...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Besides our cars will start in -25 with 1ft of snow..."we don’t need block heaters or snow tires"

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don’t let a dotted line fool we are all made from the same skin...

Beside why do all American hunters want to come here and pay to hunt we cant be all that bad...

Peace: lol::lol::p:p:p:p:p

As I've stated elsewhere, I can't stand the cold anymore....guess I lost all my Canadian blood over the years.

To my fellow Conook friends up there.....do they still sell 222's OTC? Back around '91 I was in Toronto and bought me a case of them to bring back with me.

Thx

hey ryan<Im from F'ton as well,,,I think I have seen your trac(as It is the only orange one I have seen around) It was cold,,dang cold. It took 90 minutes for the hydrolics in my machine to warm up. btw I have a 2007 v8 limited.

Friggin' -27* and you're washing your truck? Even I'm not that hard-core.

Although it rarely gets super-cold in PA, we bought the wife's Taurus wagon used and it was originally sold in Canada and has an engine block heater. I plugged it in a few days this week, it's a handy thing. It starts easier and you get heat out of the heater much faster.

I always thought that a block heater was a good idea, as then you wouldn't have to waste so much gas to run the engine to operating temperature, though no car I've had has come with one so I could experiment :(

I wish it was 50 here. ;)

Kevin L - when I can I plug in the block heater when it is below -20 C (-4F) Like you say, it warms up much quicker that way.

Y'all know you can get block heaters for our trucks, right?

It's been in the 30s here and I've thought about getting one. :D

Keith, you can keep that weather up north. Warm weather has returned to Texas TG :D

[Broken External Image]:

There are so many people that say we don't really get four seasons here in Texas. I say we do, but we call them by different names. You say fall, winter, spring, summer. Here we say December, January, February, Summer!:lol:

dreman.....

The last few years it seems we have had one day of Spring and one day of Fall each year. It's either hot or cold the rest of the year. But nothing like those guys up north.....which is why I live down here in the South ;)

Latest posts