It just dies

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriMaury Kimbrough

Reaction score
My mother-in-laws 2002 ST is giving her some problems. She said that when she drives slow, like when crossing a railroad track, it will hesitate and die. She said that it will start right back up afterwards.

Any ideas?

Thanks folks. Now, can you describe to me how to clean it? I need to be able to give them details. I actually did a search this time but didn't find any that detailed the cleaning process.

My mother-in-law is scared to death when she isn't driving, and scares everyone else to death when she is! But she is the only person I've ever know to spin a 4X4 Chevy Suburban out on the highway to avoid a car stopped in the middle lane, without lifting a single tire.

When my wife and I were dating, we were in church one Sunday morning when her mother leaned over to her and said something. She then leaned over to me a said "do you want to go to East Texas?" Her family is in East Texas and it's a 2-1/2 hour drive. I said sure, and immediately after the service her mother left, and we got in my wife's Celica, drove through at the Barbeque Hut, and hit the road as well. My wife drove the whole trip at 70-80 mph, until we turned off on a little 2 lane blacktop road full of twisty sections. Almost immediately she came upon someone going 20 mph, and she tried to pass them. They took offense and took off. She kept trying to pass him for the next 15 miles, at speeds up to 110 mph! She's a little hot-headed at times, but she knows how to drive well, so I just sat back to watch her work. The other guy eventually turned away, and we went the final mile or two to her family's farm. I started wondering where we passed her mother, until I saw her Crown Vic in the driveway! She beat us by 15 minutes!

Latest posts