Jacking your truck to the moon!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F*cking up your truck like that is highly illegal in Wisconsin. Thank God. I think they allow a three inch lift or something, but no more. Also, tires cannot protrude past the fenders by more than one inch. And the troopers just love to nail those who fail to know the law, especially the ones that just spent a few thousand to try to make their trucks look bad ass.

They tend to give out-of-state people a break by just issuing them a ticket rather than impounding their rides.

If anyone can help me out, I am looking for a website I saw several years ago or "redneck truck lifts". It had tons of pictures of homemade lifts, made from I-beams, and U-bolts and such, with some priceless commentary by the site author.

Anyone have a link?

TJR

I like both lifted and lowered trucks myself. Although, anything over 6 inches in lift is pointless to me and anything so low it's making sparks is to low for me.

That's one of the strong points of my STA. It looks lower than a normal ST but it really isn't. It has great pot hole, snow and dirt road clearance.

If we didn't have so much snow here in upstate, NY every winter I'd probably lower mine about 1.5-2 inches because it looks much better.

by JohnnyO:
Pffft, show trucks.

WHATEVER!!! :rolleyes:

Some people like show trucks. Had one myself. i HAD A 1994 Nissan from 94-2000 that was lowered 4" on Centerline billet wheels. Lots of chrome, custom interior and a boomin system. And I loved my little truck. And I got news fort you guys... this 07 Sport trac is going to get slowly turned into a showoff. I plan on lifting it on 33x20's. And custom paint and interior work.

to each his own...

I look at things people do to their trucks and cars and smile. They're having fun. I get off work at midnight and on the way home was behind a cadillac at a stop light. All the sudden, it started dancing in the back (must have had some time of air shocks or something). It made me laugh after a long day.

Live and Let Live

Jo

WHATEVER!!!

Some people like show trucks. Had one myself. i HAD A 1994 Nissan from 94-2000 that was lowered 4" on Centerline billet wheels. Lots of chrome, custom interior and a boomin system. And I loved my little truck. And I got news fort you guys... this 07 Sport trac is going to get slowly turned into a showoff. I plan on lifting it on 33x20's. And custom paint and interior work.

to each his own...

Good luck getting your 07 ST high enough to fit 33's without major fab work. Maybe 265/70's

Last edited by a moderator: