Jeff C or lan - pod question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Fajkus

Reaction score
which 3 gauge pod did you guys use for your a-pillar? AutoMeter shows a 3 pod for 1997-2001 f150 and another for a 0997-2001 f150. If the top has to be trimmed I would assume either one would work?

97-01 F-150. It will need trimming, glue, and bondo to fit properly. No pics of mine, but everyone at the dyno will see :D

Wasn't there an old explorer, ranger or Bronco / bronco II that people were using ????

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2 gauge pod from a late 90's explorer, what some peole have done is buy 2 of them and then cut one in half that way it still hase the same contour. The best way to finish this (in my opinion), is to get it upholstered with proper grey vinyl. I just did the 2 pod gaige pod... by the way, if you dont have gauges yet go to ... www.speedhut.com and build custom ones....

heres the pod I have:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

thats nice work Big D. I'd like to do my radio bezel like that.

The double pods are on the market. If fusing is necessary I would take a 2 pod and fuse a single pod. Starting with a 3 pod makes sense though. I have an assortment coming so I can play around with them. single pod, double pod, triple pod.

Yeah I went with Jeff C's idea and got the F150 pod and just used bondo it worked out really well. Let me know if you have any questions about it.