Joined the ranks of ex-Sport Trac owners

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve McKellop

Reaction score
I parted ways with my Sport Trac on Saturday. She was a trouble-free :love: that I will miss for sure but my transportation needs changed and I must adapt. The new owners really liked her and I'm sure she will serve them well as she did me.

Yes, I did email them links to the Sport Trac websites!:banana:

So far ........ nothing. Still looking for a Ford automobile. P71, Sable/Taurus, Fusion, IDK.

Thank goodness for a company vehicle!!:grin:

I've been contemplating letting mine go too. It's killing me in gas at 15.5 mpg and I commute 100 miles per day. I'm putting around $60 of gas in it every 3rd day!

It's a 2010 V6 with 97k miles and it's starting to show it's mileage- wheel bearings, thermostat housing, shocks/struts, rotors, etc. Still looks new and I take good care of it.

I'm on the fence about keeping it and getting a used Ford Fiesta for commuting or trading it for a new Focus and then buying a used plain jane F-150, because I have to have a truck. Like I need 3 cars for myself...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! ...Hope ya check in with us often. I/We really do appreciate your knowledge. I just bought the Ford Workshop Manual AND stayed at a Holiday Inn Express AND still wont come close to all you know about our Trac's. Thank you, Sir:haveabeer:

Still find I miss ours a bit. Even though the wifes WRX is awesome in the snow with 4 snow tires it still felt better knowing she was coming home from work in bad weather in a truck with some ground clearance and no pretty bodywork 4inces off the pavement.

I've considered trade in the 03 trac, but its paid for and the wife has a 200 which gets 21 in the city and 32 highway. We use the trac on the weekends only if were getting larger items or trips to home depot, but it sits mostly the weekends but is my daily driver. I go about 2 weeks on a tank of gas.

Best of luck in your decision and glad your staying in the Ford family. Helps out close friends who work for the company.

Latest posts