Just joining have Sport Trac 2001

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashandjan

Reaction score
Hello... so cool to find this! Meet Daisy....lived in this all summer! Yes I'm very short! It's my dream to go down to Arizona in winters and definitely need a topper.... can't find anything so custom would be way .... very important that I be able to get from topper into cab for quick getaway if needed.... did add locks on tailgate and working great

...need a topper...to get from topper into cab
Welcome to the Herd; lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums.

Topper for a Gen1 SportTrac is a rare item, considering the unique UltraShortBed.
Keep watch on Ebay\Facebook\CraigsList... might luckout in a JunkYard or a fellow member here.

Your 2001 SportTrac:
~ Job1 with IntakeManifold shaped like a pretzel, or Job2 with later version?
~ Auto\Manual Trans?
~ 2WD\4WD?
~ DifferentialRatio?
Best put some basic vehicle specs in your profile & signature;
makes asking+answering questions quicker+easier.

That's why I'm not looking for one and the issue is getting into cab from back.... likely I'll have to have something made.... which is entirely possible but lacking $$$$😕

@Admin
May need to combine this new members 2 seperate intro threads?

That's why I'm not looking for one and the issue is getting into cab from back.... likely I'll have to have something made.... which is entirely possible but lacking $$$$😕
Hi - I wound up ordering a topper a couple of years ago from ARE for my 2002 - was pricey but fits and looks good - $2200 installed - took roughly 6 months to get it

This is the best photo I have right now but I don't know if I would call it custom - more special order

As soon as I get a chance I will take some more pictures
20220119_133219.jpg

very important that I be able to get from topper into cab for quick getaway if needed

that's going to be tricky.. will have to remove cab rear window, or cut away rear seat and body to make an entrance..

I used to have an Econoline, built a bed in the back, it was great for quick getaways like that.. ha.

I agree with doug,,the rear window is small so remove and get an accordion boot and have a window to rear, there easy to install and works well. i have a hard time fitting thru but my 110 lb. dutch Shepard can go thru like nothing.

Latest posts