K&N Cold Air Induction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art G

Reaction score
How come K & N only make Cold Air Intake for 2004 and below 4.0 ST. What so special about the 2005 4.0 Flex fuel setup. Maybe I'm not looking very hard. :huh:

I think the only difference is that the earlier model gen. 1 tracs have 2 hoses that connect to the intake tube.

[Broken External Image]:

I have an 05'. Just 1 breather attachment on the intake tube.

Well, I tought so, but this what they told me when I inquired to buy.

Dear artstang,

We do apologize K&N COLD AIR INTAKE ford EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 01-04 03 will not work with your vehicle. It will fit 2001-2004 models.

Thank you for the inquiry. Have a great day!

- carpartswholesale

Another auto parts said.

Dear artstang,

No, K&N 77 Series Cold Air Intake Ford Explorer Sport Trac will not. Sorry, we do not have one for the 2005 with Flex Fuel. Let us know if you have any other question.

Thank you

-Tom

- mvpautoparts

Art, most likley since the '05 was the last year for the gen 1. They never did the R&D test fit. If it fits '04 flex it will fit and work with the '05 flex..

Thanks Eddie. this will be my next buy. If the breather is the only issue as HawaiianST said I can take care of that.

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion. Thanks guys.

I believe the kit I ordered is sold as an intake kit for an 04', but it fits the 05' perfectly...no issues at all with installation or fit.

Got it off of modbargains.com for 210.00. Best deal I could find:)

Bill is Correct ,

I sell the only true COLD air intake....

Todd Z

Mark See your other posts..

Todd Z

Latest posts