K&N replacement filter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks John, but my stock air box is no longer in use...

I'm going to be doing an oil change so I'm referring to the oil filter ;)

Keola- Should be the HP-2010. I've seen them at O'Reilly/Checker albeit a bit pricey. Steve

Yeah, that's the one...

Thanks Steve, the price you'll pay for peace of mind. This will be my 3rd one since owning my trac. BTW, your trac's lookin' good. What's next? :banana:

Rodger, no pep boys here. Just checkers, napa, redline, carquest, and a few other smaller local shops :(

Gotta plug Amsoil EA filters here. If you've never tried em you owe it to your engine to give them a shot filter down to 15 microns absolute. K&N sounds good and spends a ton on advertising but far from the best out there. www.Amsoil.com

Pep Boys around here only sells the Royal Purple filter (No K&N--Bill, I asked. They didn't have a reason.). I just put mine on yesterday, and while the number eludes me (couldn't find it on their site; I had to use the lookup book at PBs), it fit on perfectly.

The only difference, besides the purple color, was the fact that the RP filter lacks the nut welded on for use of a normal wrench, but I've never had to use a wrench on the trac's filter. Hand tight and hand loosen has worked thus far.

On a tangent, has anyone done these bypass filters?

Latest posts