Kentucky...L'ville area...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Poole

Reaction score
Hi Y'all,

I have a hard decision to make. I have to decide by Wednesday to accept a transfer to L'ville Kentucky. My plant in Atlanta is shutting down, and if I want to stay with FoMoCo, I will have to transfer. Does any 'Trac'ers live in that area and can tell me about that area? I have driven by there a few times but never stopped.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

I think you will enjoy Louisville.

We have one of the best housing markets (pricing).

The arts are in the top ten in the country.

The parks (lakes) are top notch.

They say we have one of the largest quantity of dining out locations per capita.

You can go to Uof L games or U of K games.

No pro sports to speak of.

A pretty good AAA baseball team with a great stadium.

Pretty good river area. During the summer there are bands on th elawn each weekend.

We have had the Street Rod Nationals here (1947 and older) the past 6 or so years, and they plan on having it here for a few more years.

Ford plant in Louisville is well thought of in this community.

So welcome to Louisville!

Follow this link to aee a comparison between Louisville and Atlanta. It looks like your paycheck will take you farther in Louisville and they have less crime. Since you

ll already have a job, that is a big plus. You'll also have a very short drive to the national Meets. :)

Good luck with your decision.

I live in Atlanta but I spent a week in L'ville a few years back during the PGA Championship, oh yea and I was there on business too. From a tourist point of view ... AWSOME place! Super nice people, great restaurants, the river, clean, ..... can't think of anything else right now. I could see myself living there and enjoying myself.

Good luck.

I didn't know the plant was closing. When should that be final?

Ditto on everything that has been said, but don't forget about Churchill Downs if you like the horses & Caesars Ind. right across the river. Both are great places to lose your money at & have a good time doing it........

Welcome to Louisville......

Last edited by a moderator:
The area is ok, I live south of Louisville a little, but thing that the housing is way too expensive here. I just came from TX and it was much cheaper there.

Duece

Born & raised in the shadow of Churchill Downs.

Great place to live. Friendly people, good food. Great parties around Derby time.

Housing costs don't seem that bad to me. Although after I got married, I moved across the river. Housing costs are a little lower in Southern Indiana, if you can stand traveling across the bridge to get to work.

If you love basketball this is the place to be.

Come on home to Louisville.

Good luck with your decision

Robert Poole,

You work for Ford, Dont'ya!

Are you U.A.W., or management?

Guess it doesn't make MUCH of a difference, lately!

I heard Ya'll had one of , if not the highest, quality ratings of any Ford plant out there...

For the Atlanta plant, anyway.

Didn't mean to be smart, I share your frustration, as we are goiing through the same thing

at the Saturn Plant, here in Spring Hill, TN.

They say we are getting a new vehicle in 2008, but I'm beginning to wonder!?!?:(

P.S., Robert,

I know several people that work at, or are transferring to the Bowling Green, KY.

Corvette Plant. I will see if I can contact them in the next few days to see what they

think about all of the economics, etc... in KY., lately.

Either way, good luck on your descision, and I hope it works out best for you, your

family, and all involved...With Respect...

:)

thanks...I'm a UAW member. We at the Atlanta Assy plant got the harbor award for being the most efficient plant in NA and we are slated to close. I understand the business decision, but it still sucks.

Y'all have a good one

Bob

Latest posts