KEYLESS ENTRY CODE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get to it one of two ways. Via a mirror, (it will be upside down and backwards) thru the upper vent area or remove the glove box liner and you can then see the sticker on the module...

You don't need to remove the airbag. Just undo the vent piece (on top of the dash), then look through the windshield from the outside to find the code (white sticker).

I have a 2002 ST and when I pull the defrost vent all I can see is the black venting. I don't understand how you can pull the defrost vent and see everything under the dash? When you turn on your heater the hot air gets channeled through the defrost venting. Or am I just an Idiot? :blink:

On my 2001 I found the code on the module behind the back seat. What year did it change location?

Jared, only Job 1's have the code behind the rear panel. All Job 2's and newer moved the module to the present location of behind the glove box.

This is something you should know about your Trac if you didn't already. There are differences in the Job 1 vs. the Job 2.

Now you know for sure yours is a Job 1 build...

I knew about the differences and I knew I had a Job 1. Didn't know the code location was one of the differences.

Back to your regular scheduled unlock-code-location discussion. :p

Finally found mine. I have a 2002 trac. Had to remove air bag and remove two screws on module and tilted it so I could see the code>:D

Latest posts