Keyless Entry Door code change?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Coffing

Reaction score
I am a new owner of a 2003 Sport Trac. It didn't come with an owners manual but I do have the factory code. (I took it down to the local Ford dealer who hooked it up to some kind of computer to retrieve it.) I also paid to have a couple of keys made and replace the remote's that didn't come with it at the time I purchased it. I am not sure what the computer chips in the keys do but it sure is expensive to replace.

I did a search on the site but wasn't able to locate instructions on how to enter my own personal code versus using the factory code. I also understand that there are some other functions the pad is capable of doing other than just unlocking the drivers door.

Does anyone know of a location for an online manual for the 2003 Sport Trac or simply post the instructions for helping make the new code change.

You can't change the factory code. You can 'add' a personal code, but the factory code is hard coded in the computer. Only by changing the computer module could you change the factory code. The other thing the keypad does is allow you to turn off the annoying 'autolock'.

Last edited by a moderator:
>> I did a search on the site but wasn't able to locate instructions on how to enter my own personal code versus using the factory code.

On my 2004 you simply:

1) With the doors closed and locked enter the factory code (door now unlocks)

2) Press the 1-2 button (starts the new code programming sequence)

3) Press the buttons for your new code (5 different buttons, no single button repeated in sequence).

That does it. Now the factory code and your personal code will unlock all.

Oh, and some other things:

- When pressing 3-4 after unlocking the door via the code, ALL DOORS open

- Pressing 5-6 and 7-8 at the same time locks all the doors.

Most of this is from memory, but I think it is correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR,

That sounds right to me except that when programming your personal code you can enter the same digit more than once in the five digit sequence

Dale, in my library is a Adobe version of the 3003 Owners Manuel as well as the other broacher's that came with the 2003.

Help your self to them...

wow, a 3003 ?? owner's manual? Wonder if that one shows the anti-grav drive operation with the food replicator in the dash?

I could change my mistake and take the wind out of your sails....

I have broad shoulders. I can take the abuse, (been married for 21 years).

PhilR, I know what you are saying about the same two buttons in a row as the personal code. Frankly I haven't tried it for the ST, but:

a. My wife's 2004 Mountaineer says you CANNOT enter the same button twice in a row.

b. I actually tried on her Mountaineer and it WOULDN'T LET ME punch in a code that had a repeated button in a row (the code wouldn't take and I tried it MANY times).

I programmed her Mountaineer and my ST at the same time, using the same code. Only looked at her owner's manual and just assumed the ST had the same limitation.

TJR

You guys are great! Thanks for the help

Coastiejoe, sorry to be ignorant but what do you mean by in your library? "Dale, in my library is a Adobe version of the 3003 Owners Manuel as well as the other broacher's that came with the 2003."

Dale, Next to my name, (Coastiejoe) there is an icon. The first icon is the "Member Profile" icon. If you click on i t it will give you info on me and my Trac. The next icon is "My Library" icon. Click on it and you will find pictures, programs and things like that. Once you click on it you will find the 2003 Manuals listed there.

ahhhh... So those little icons mean something.:D Thanks

Sal, thanks for the link to the GloveBox manuals too.

All these reponses are great. I have found a home ;-)

I have an 2002 ST, my parents bought it used for me, and it didin't come with an owner's manual or the Keyless entry code. How do I figure it out and stuff, I'm clueless, I don't know where to start from.

The number is printed on a sticker that is on the module. The module is behind the glove box. Some have been able to see it with a mirror after taking the glove box out. However, most have had to remove the air bag to see it.

Latest posts